• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: I laugh in the face of your puny hoards.

54 posts in this topic

Read the posts below the pictures. Dude has a girlfriend, so I guess that shoots that particular theory out of the water.

Dusts it once a year if he can. He buys two of everything as it comes out, one loose and one in the packages.

Based on his posts, he doesn't have a ton of original ones, or the really rare stuff. He doesn't have a Yak Face, for example, and I don't know jack squat about collecting Star Wars stuff, but even I know that's gonna be needed to have a complete collection.

He's just a really anal dude who is really, really, REALLY into Star Wars figures. Whatever makes you happy as long as it's not hurting anyone else, I guess

ok, so how long did that take to set up?

like, if you started with blank shelves..all of your figure-dude thingies are on the floor. How long would it take you to set that all back up again?

sorry if someone already asked...just curious hm

As mentioned above, most of his collection consists of opened modern figures. While the display is the impressive part, the content is about as exciting as someone displaying his hoard of long boxes packed full of '90's comics....

I was getting ready to say that, but he did have a retro section...

Unfortunately I would of been more impressed to see anything from the 77–85 era carded.

Especially the 12 backs and the POTF vintage line with coin on card.

:cloud9:

I wonder how many times he has reached for that one figure in the back to adjust it just a little bit and started a storm trooper avalanche......My kids or the dog would trash that display in nothing flat.

I wonder how many times he has reached for that one figure in the back to adjust it just a little bit and started a storm trooper avalanche......My kids or the dog would trash that display in nothing flat.

It wouldn't surprise me if the guy installed standee pins for the figures to

seat their foot hole into in the areas that had multiple figures.

It sure would make cleaning the loose set a lot easier.

hm

Image what one pissed-off cat could do to that room.

I would love to roll in there with a baseball bat and wreck the place, just to see the look on the uber-nerds face as he has the biggest hissy fit of all his born days. The terrible consequence would be smelling the that filled his Star Wars Underoos...

that being said, I think he has a pretty impressive collection!

I also think all the comic dorks (myself included) trying to talk smack about this guy being obsessive is funny as hell and a bit hypocritical. Whatever floats yer boat I guess.

I wonder if they guy has constructed a Slave Leia Blow-up Doll yet...

lol