• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Robojo33 E-mail

23 posts in this topic

I haven't the slightest idea how you've convinced yourself that the B&B 28 is trimmed and color touched. Or any of my other unrestored listings. But I tell you what I'll do. I'll end any of my unrestored listings you choose and wager the current bid amount that they aren't trimmed or color touched. This would be easy to set up. You pick the comics and I send the comics you'd like to wager on to Zaid who submits them to CGC and we'll see how they grade. Purple or green, you win. Blue, I win. The wager is the current bid price on any of the comics at the time it's ended. We both send our monetary wagers to the paypal account of Mark Zaid. He pays the winner whichever comics they won on when the results come back. How's that sound? You say they're all trimmed and ct'ed. I know they're not. What better way to decide for sure other than trial by fire and a friendly wager. The wager is open to as many, any and all, who wish to participate.

What should I make of this?

CC

Nah. He's probably selling de-slabbed 8.5s and 9.0s as 9.4s. Less likely to result in negative legal and fiduciary consequences for him.

I'm surprised it took him this long to figure that particular scam out

I haven't the slightest idea how you've convinced yourself that the B&B 28 is trimmed and color touched. Or any of my other unrestored listings. But I tell you what I'll do. I'll end any of my unrestored listings you choose and wager the current bid amount that they aren't trimmed or color touched. This would be easy to set up. You pick the comics and I send the comics you'd like to wager on to Zaid who submits them to CGC and we'll see how they grade. Purple or green, you win. Blue, I win. The wager is the current bid price on any of the comics at the time it's ended. We both send our monetary wagers to the paypal account of Mark Zaid. He pays the winner whichever comics they won on when the results come back. How's that sound? You say they're all trimmed and ct'ed. I know they're not. What better way to decide for sure other than trial by fire and a friendly wager. The wager is open to as many, any and all, who wish to participate.

CC

That the books are not trimmed and color touched. Not everything the guy sells is restored/messed with. If it was (restored/messed with), he would have been out of business long ago.

Photoshopped...maybe? (shrug) No where in his email did he guarantee any grade. Of course, a lot of sellers do not guarantee a grade.

CC

That he likes to, and is good at playing games?

(shrug)

You made me curious though and am going to take a look at the B&B book.

I just received word from Perry this morning. :insane:

I thought you were interested. You sent me a message, not the other way around. All I did was reply. It's not a game. I'm quite serious. What you think you "have all figured out" is completely wrong and I can prove it to you with this wager I proposed. Switching comics won't work and here's why. Let's look at the B&B 28 image. The one you're sure is trimmed and color touched but isn't. To pull a switcheroo, I would need another B&B 28. That's the easy part. The hard part would be finding another B&B 28 with the identical centering and defects. For instance: the black spine line would have to be positioned identically, as well as where the right edge is factory cut. The spine stresses would have to be positioned perfectly to match the ones on my image identically. Take a look at the restored B&B 28 in my listings. See how different the defects and production of the comic are from the other? What would you imagine the chances are of finding another B&B 28 that looks precisely like the one in my unrestored listing? 100 to 1? 1000 to 1? 1,000,000 to one? Ask someone on the forum what the chances are of finding another B&B 28 in high grade with the same exact defects, centering, and factory cut. I'll bet that the smart ones will say.. "impossible". They won't even place odds on it, because the odds would be astronomical. Multiply that by the other dozen unrestored comics I have listed this week, which I would also have to have or find identical copies of with the identical mechanics, centering and defects. Trillions to one are the true odds, if not more. Once you realize this, you'll realize it's not a game, my wager is real, and I would win with the same identical comics imaged in my listings. They're all unrestored when listed as such. Plus, I think you're wasting alot of energy hating someone you don't even know, never met, never dealt with, and hate only because others tell you that you should. Perry

I just received word from Perry this morning. :insane:

I thought you were interested. You sent me a message, not the other way around. All I did was reply. It's not a game. I'm quite serious. What you think you "have all figured out" is completely wrong and I can prove it to you with this wager I proposed. Switching comics won't work and here's why. Let's look at the B&B 28 image. The one you're sure is trimmed and color touched but isn't. To pull a switcheroo, I would need another B&B 28. That's the easy part. The hard part would be finding another B&B 28 with the identical centering and defects. For instance: the black spine line would have to be positioned identically, as well as where the right edge is factory cut. The spine stresses would have to be positioned perfectly to match the ones on my image identically. Take a look at the restored B&B 28 in my listings. See how different the defects and production of the comic are from the other? What would you imagine the chances are of finding another B&B 28 that looks precisely like the one in my unrestored listing? 100 to 1? 1000 to 1? 1,000,000 to one? Ask someone on the forum what the chances are of finding another B&B 28 in high grade with the same exact defects, centering, and factory cut. I'll bet that the smart ones will say.. "impossible". They won't even place odds on it, because the odds would be astronomical. Multiply that by the other dozen unrestored comics I have listed this week, which I would also have to have or find identical copies of with the identical mechanics, centering and defects. Trillions to one are the true odds, if not more. Once you realize this, you'll realize it's not a game, my wager is real, and I would win with the same identical comics imaged in my listings. They're all unrestored when listed as such. Plus, I think you're wasting alot of energy hating someone you don't even know, never met, never dealt with, and hate only because others tell you that you should. Perry

He's right... it would be difficult to switch the comics. I say take him up on his offer...but you pick the time and auction. Apparently he wants you to pick one from his current listings. That tells me they could be clean...unless of course you're sure one of those is manipulated. If so, I'd take him up on his offer. The ball's in your court now...

Pretty shrewd move on his part...

Jim

It sounds like you've accused him of having a restored/trimmed/color-touched comic. He wants to prove to you that it's not by having this bet. He's putting his money where his mouth is..... and you? (shrug)

Andy

Nah. He's probably selling de-slabbed 8.5s and 9.0s as 9.4s. Less likely to result in negative legal and fiduciary consequences for him.

Just ask NY Motor Dud

:roflmao:

Now if he were to make a wager on the CGC grade vs. his grade.......

Interesting point. Would he be willing to make the bet on the BB 28 coming back both blue label and 9.0? He does describe it as "beautiful, very rarely seen VF/NM condition."

heres the thing: whenever a magician sets the rules, asks you to do something, organizes the bet, its because its all a misdirection and the illusion of fair play or chance has already been factored OUT of the equation by the rules HE has set up to follow.

so dont even waste time trying to figure this out. Just walk away. There could be lots of ways this is could be done, and I assure you that when its all over YOU will lose the bet.