• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect Auction...

34 posts in this topic

Thanks! Bat #52 is a really hard book to find in mid grade, so I said "what the hell" and grabbed this low grade but still nice copy.

Thanks! Bat #52 is a really hard book to find in mid grade, so I said "what the hell" and grabbed this low grade but still nice copy.
(thumbs u

I also like that their auctions have staggered finishes. Since I don't deal with too many $300+ books, the shipping can be a significant chunk. I've run into the problem with Heritage were they have one or two books I really want, so I tack on a couple of cheap books only to lose the stuff I really wanted and end up buying just the cheap thrill bid stuff.

lol I hear you...

I always get them to 'do not send', until I give the order, on a large colection of books accumulated over multiple auctions with them.

.....and they still manage to frak it up, and double the postage doh!

That's what I was afraid of. I've been paying up because of their 7-day pay or get penalized policy, but I would rather build a pile and ship at once. That seems it could help their business as well because I would be more likely to bid on some books. Of course, my penney ante stuff isn't where they make their real money and the guy who buys an Action #2 wants it NOW regardless of shipping costs.

The Action #2 arrived yesterday and I haven't even paid for it yet :baiting:

Yeah, I thought it looked nice for the grade too(except for the slight miscut, which is pretty common on DC books from the era).

Great points -- so I thought I'd chime in with some info that might be helpful.

It's no biggie if a member needs to wait a day or two before completing checkout so they can finish up negotiations on some other deals. We want collectors to be able to buy more items on the site and combine to save shipping. The only reason checkout cannot be prolonged indefinitely is because the sellers on the first books the buyer purchased... need to get paid. :D Their consignment check gets locked in a holding pattern if we can't ship the order because the buyer is trying to build up the invoice over the course of several weeks with purchases from other sellers. We try to accomodate buyers in combining shipping wherever we can, but sometimes that isn't possible. A lot of the ComicConnect sellers are telling us they like our site because they get paid in a timely fashion, so that's a big positive for a lot of members that we're trying to keep up.

Also - don't sweat the 7-day return policy. That's after you actually receive the comics, not after you initially buy them on the site. You may have a little bit more of a window / comfort zone than you realized :D

Signing off for the evening. Thanks for bidding everyone!

Ben Smith

ComicConnect.com

MetropolisComics.com

ShowOffMyComics.com

ComicZoneRadio.com