• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 JIM #84's....which would you choose?

35 posts in this topic

Not only is the spine nicer but the edges are sharper, the corners are sharper and the brown is deeper.

hm

If I were you I would keep the second copy and sell the first copy to me for 1/2 of what you paid just to get rid of it.

Seriously the Second is nicer.

Since you're not 100%....I would put them BOTH up at guide and a half and by the time they sell a nicer copy may surface.Both look to be of nice PQ....If I had to choose I'd keep the cheaper one or the one I have the best margin in.I could be wrong...but I don't think you'll be happy with either,your NICE 83 deserves to have an 8.0 or better backing it up.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Jim, you are absolutely right in that I am not 100% happy with either...but the hole in my run has been driving me crazy ever since I sold my 8.0 last year.

:pullhair:

It is such a terrific cover...browns are one of my favorites.

R.

Jim, you are absolutely right in that I am not 100% happy with either...but the hole in my run has been driving me crazy ever since I sold my 8.0 last year.

:pullhair:

It is such a terrific cover...browns are one of my favorites.

R.

Yeah...it's one of those early Marvels that don't turn up so often no matter what price.Thor really did set Marvel apart from the pack back then.JIM 120 was probably the first SA Marvel high grade I ever owned.It set me back 50 cents from Comic Sales Company in 1970.Been a Thor fan ever since.GOD BLESS...

Since you're not 100%....I would put them BOTH up at guide and a half and by the time they sell a nicer copy may surface.Both look to be of nice PQ....If I had to choose I'd keep the cheaper one or the one I have the best margin in.I could be wrong...but I don't think you'll be happy with either,your NICE 83 deserves to have an 8.0 or better backing it up.GOD BLESS...

Roy, I totally agree with Jim on this one, but if I had to choose I'd go with the 5.5...that printing defect is distracting!

Art

From the scans you posted, the 5.5 looks like it has better colors. I'd say the general appeal of each is roughly the same, so I'd keep the lower graded one (if you're going to have a "hole filler", it's better to have less $$ invested in it, no?)

Ah - Roy - you bought the 5.5 from Bob Storms, didn't you? I looked at that copy earlier this year & almost pulled the trigger. I liked it enough that I would've kept it & sold my own 7.5 copy! It's a very solid book with many positives. Contrary to others, the date stamp doesn't really bother me as much as the printer defect running right across Thor on the nicer copy. Comparing the two, I would keep the lower-graded one.

Let us know what you decide to do!!

Ah - Roy - you bought the 5.5 from Bob Storms, didn't you? I looked at that copy earlier this year & almost pulled the trigger. I liked it enough that I would've kept it & sold my own 7.5 copy! It's a very solid book with many positives. Contrary to others, the date stamp doesn't really bother me as much as the printer defect running right across Thor on the nicer copy. Comparing the two, I would keep the lower-graded one.

Let us know what you decide to do!!

You have a 7.5?

hm

Keep the 5.5 as a place holder. Sell the 7.5. Another copy will show up.

..although I prefer the 7.5 myself, I think the statement above defines the best course of action,....get the money for the 7.5 so when higher grade copy comes along you can grab it,...the other books in your long-box will adjust to the 5.5 enetually,...they might even accept him as one of their own .