• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men 294, 295, 296

226 posts in this topic

I picked up a 296 on e-bay this weekend. xmen296xs5.jpg

THe 296's seem to pop up every now and then.

The 294's and 295's are few and far between on fleebay.

White back cover may have something to do with it.

I own like four copies of these issues. My brother and I basically bought two each (one to read, one to keep).

So 2 x 294 have been removed from the damn polybag.

Unfortunately, I left them in Singapore...gah! I'll dig them out when I next visit.

Two Thoughts: hm

1. There was a discussion in another room on a Spiderman GRR. The guy had it complete in the packaging with the record. The consensus was even it was ungraded and was a 9.2-9.4 it would be worth more than a 9.6-9.8 slabbed copy. It makes me wonder in twenty years whether the desire to CGC books will make them rare if they are bagged with the card.

2. I was poking around the registry and noticed that Ghost Town does not have a copy of 294 in his Mutant Hysteria set. It is the only book he is missing 1-300.

Two Thoughts: hm

1. There was a discussion in another room on a Spiderman GRR. The guy had it complete in the packaging with the record. The consensus was even it was ungraded and was a 9.2-9.4 it would be worth more than a 9.6-9.8 slabbed copy. It makes me wonder in twenty years whether the desire to CGC books will make them rare if they are bagged with the card.

2. I was poking around the registry and noticed that Ghost Town does not have a copy of 294 in his Mutant Hysteria set. It is the only book he is missing 1-300.

1. The poybags for the 294, 295, 296, and Ann 17 cause a line over time on the back cover from the bag's seal... which can actually dip the grade of the book under 9.0. I keep the trading cards with the books that are slabbed.

2. There's only 1 of the UXM 294 in existance at 9.8, and it's currently in my collection. I picked it up in A Comic Link auction a few months back. I'm sure more will show up in the census with all the vigorous subs as of late.

Just put two #294 and one #295 into the mail to CGC today.

I'll let everyone know how they turned out.

edit.jpg

I've got two 294s coming back in less than two weeks. I'll let ya know.