• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men variants the definitive set, any takers?

145 posts in this topic

Hey, I'm just offering constructive criticism - no one is going to care about the results from an obviously flawed poll.

Example:

Have you stopped beating your wife:

Yes

No

Hey, I'm just offering constructive criticism - no one is going to care about the results from an obviously flawed poll.

Example:

Yes

No

where is the crack option? (shrug)

:insane:

I have started a poll in the poll thread so that we can gauge what the majority of X-Men collectors want, it will be open for one week

doh!

This is meaningless, and I suggest if you want to do something that actually determines the mass opinion, set up a real poll with complete listings, complete descriptions, a proper question, and limited votes.

I appreciate what you were trying to accomplish Matmarvel so don't quit yet. And take JC's crankiness with a grain of salt. The style of his comments sometimes comes across as a bit brusque shall we say but he is one of those posters who typically has an unbiased point of view and I often agree with his content. I do agree with him here.

I think we all can agree that there is no clear unanimity for every book to be included in a "variant" run. Heck, I don't even agree with my own initial opinion anymore with respect to the Pressman game books. But, I do feel that we are actually unanimous on some books, like the alternate covers published by Marvel, and we could come up with a list for Gemma for a competitive set that would include these agreed-upon books. The rest will be available to add to individual sets when that feature becomes available from CGC in the future but they won't be in the competitive set.

Example:

Yes

No

lol I can take constructive critism, how about someone with a modicum of skill does a poll, & BTW - Yes I have, ...but I started beating the dog instead :insane: