• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Tarzan run

108 posts in this topic

Isn't it amazing how you could thumb through read copies of these at a convention and never give them a second thought, but when you see them all in a row in like new unread condition, they just pop out at you?

While I was scanning these it gave me pause to consider what the owners of deep runs of Mile High's or the top rated Spider-man set must see when they look at those amazing books!

Absolutely beautiful.

I've been trying for while to put together a nice run, and have found the 25 and 30 cent issues so much tougher than earlier ones in grade. I'd love to know what the circulation numbers were like. Great to see the whole run in super shape.

Circulation across the board went down around this time, and from the DC titles I collect...these issues are harder to come by than earlier issues as well. I believe this was around the time of the "DC Implosion"...a very sick market.

Weird War Tales :baiting:

:sorry:

They had already sold when I inquired about them...full run, $125 :censored:

Thought you foolishly passed on them. :whistle:

Damn you! Your right, I did.....and they had sold when I went back and asked. I also passed on DC Special because it was missing a 2 and 3...

Damn you! Your right, I did.....and they had sold when I went back and asked. I also passed on DC Special because it was missing a 2 and 3...

The number 1 graded a 9.6 and is sitting in my collection. :acclaim:

Which means the buyer broke the run up, that's too bad really....imagine the full fun like that.

I do also have Kamandi, Forever People, Demon, Swamp Thing, and a few others.

Which means the buyer broke the run up, that's too bad really....imagine the full fun like that.

I do also have Kamandi, Forever People, Demon, Swamp Thing, and a few others.

(worship)

:cry:

I hate you Silver. I really do. :P

Beautiful books!! Thanks for posting them. It's making me want to finally finish my DC Tarzan run.

By the way, I lost your address, where do you live again? :whistle:

Weird Worlds #1-8? :wishluck:

ya know...

There's a story there...

How bout Limited Collectors Editions? :whistle:

I foolishly (as Greggy would make certain to point out! lol ) didn't buy the Weird Worlds set because I already had them. I only wanted the ERB issues so I didn't even get 8-10 which were not.

But to close out a thread of all DC ERB material, here are the first seven issues of Weird Worlds, with the lesser known David Innes and John Carter stories. David Innes (Pellucidar) was my favorite ERB series.

You can really see the difference in quality between these average books and the OO ones...