• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay Sellers: Problems regarding shipping outside the US

100 posts in this topic

One the slightest chance that you get caught, why would a seller risk it? Also if you state a $100 book is worth $10 and insurance is included free, why would the shipper risk putting $10 on the value and then something happen to the package. They can only claim the value of the contents and they've put $10 on the forms and signed it.

pleeeeease tell me by whom you are all afraid of to get caught? that's one of the questions nobody can answer. do you think that some foreign men in black will come to your doors and make problems? once you ship the package you will never ever have a problem with it anymore regarding what you have written on the form.

once you ship the package you will never ever have a problem with it anymore regarding what you have written on the form.

lol - I can really understand why more and more US sellers are refusing to ship overseas. Guarantees like this are worthless, and as you obviously do not know, repeat "gift" offenders are sometimes investigated and fines levied.

But no, you absolutely guarantee that no one will ever have any problem based on anything that has ever been written on a customs form. :screwy:

Why not order some hash from the Netherlands (also in the EU) then, I can ALMOST guarantee the post office won't inspect your mail for drugs and you just might get away with it.

Or how about going out on the street and making some pro-Nazi public announcements, I will ALMOST guarantee that no authorities will hear it an you won't be in trouble.

once you ship the package you will never ever have a problem with it anymore regarding what you have written on the form.

lol - I can really understand why more and more US sellers are refusing to ship overseas. Guarantees like this are worthless, and as you obviously do not know, repeat "gift" offenders are sometimes investigated and fines levied.

But no, you absolutely guarantee that no one will ever have any problem based on anything that has ever been written on a customs form. :screwy:

please tell me only one case where some seller had problems because he had written a lower value on the form? and tell me also who would make you the problems? do you think the austrian government is coming to your door? :screwy:

Why not order some hash from the Netherlands (also in the EU) then, I can ALMOST guarantee the post office won't inspect your mail for drugs and you just might get away with it.

Or how about going out on the street and making some pro-Nazi public announcements, I will ALMOST guarantee that no authorities will hear it an you won't be in trouble.

never heard a much stupider comparison than that. this has nothing to do with the topic. i think you are low on arguments. lol

One the slightest chance that you get caught, why would a seller risk it? Also if you state a $100 book is worth $10 and insurance is included free, why would the shipper risk putting $10 on the value and then something happen to the package. They can only claim the value of the contents and they've put $10 on the forms and signed it.

pleeeeease tell me by whom you are all afraid of to get caught? that's one of the questions nobody can answer. do you think that some foreign men in black will come to your doors and make problems? once you ship the package you will never ever have a problem with it anymore regarding what you have written on the form.

It is cheaper for sellers to print labels through paypal. By default when you do this the value is already downloaded for you. (not sure if you can edit or not) The value is determined by the price the item(s) sell for. People who don't use Paypal Click'N'Ship can do whatever they want. But why would I send you a $100 and put $10 on custom forms? There used to be some sort of automatic insurance that was worth a % of the claimed value (not sure if that still exists with recent changes) But nothing is stopping you from filing a claim with paypal that you didn't receive book. Whatever happens I don't know (never been through it)

I think a lot of this is just not knowing what goes on (on both ends) I admit I don't know the rules 100%. I know the clerks at my post office have told me different things during the last few years.

I think the best case for you is to find a seller that will run CC# direct. That way you are both protected. That's what I do for my international customers (all 2 of them lol )

You're not signing an Austrian government form, the shipper is signing a U.S. government form.

yes that's right. and what next? package gets shipped to austria. austrian customs authoritys inspect the package and think it is undervalued. so they come to me and ask me for the correct value. where in all this is the US seller? pls tell me?

and as you obviously do not know, repeat "gift" offenders are sometimes investigated and fines levied.

Over 400 packages received as "Gift" from the US over the past 6 years and no problems yet...customs people just think I'm popular (shrug)

btw, never thought this thread would get so heated up. but it's fun (thumbs u

i hope nobody takes it to personal :mad:

..A little bit,...you talk a lot of smack for someone who has probably never had to request an insurance claim for a lost USPS package,...if you ever had you would realize what a MAJOR PAIN IN THE AZZ it is and how it takes forever to process,..and that's for a package with the CORRECT amount declared on the customs slip,....when I ship FULL value goes on the slip,...PERIOD,....you sound like one of those whinny-butt E-Bay buyers who refuse insurance and then complain the your slab is cracked and want a refund,...

I declare 0 value when shipping overseas, never had an issue in 5+ years :acclaim:
Hope it gets lost

Its your package lol

Not overseas, geography major

I declare 0 value when shipping overseas, never had an issue in 5+ years :acclaim:
Hope it gets lost

Its your package lol

Discussing your package in public again eh Greggy ?

Hope it gets lost

Its your package lol

Think I'll write a 5K value to your package and see what happens hm

Hope it gets lost

Its your package lol

Discussing your package in public again eh Greggy ?

:blush:

Hope it gets lost

Its your package lol

Discussing your package in pubic again eh Greggy ?

:o