• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Love for Adventure Con?

75 posts in this topic

Ali-Jae, Bradley & I will be there... :shy:

yo, finecomics - bring a long box of Marvel Tales 71 and have them grade them on-site.

:baiting:

yo, finecomics - bring a long box of Marvel Tales 71 and have them grade them on-site.

:gossip: is CGC doing on-site grading at Adventure Con. if so I need to bring a few books. :wishluck:

No, we're not doing on-site grading. Sal is being silly.

Silly Sal. :sumo:

:gossip: is CGC doing on-site grading at Adventure Con. if so I need to bring a few books. :wishluck:

Do you guys take books back with you to grade? Or is it easier to just mail? I finally found a few I want to submit :acclaim:

Do you guys take books back with you to grade? Or is it easier to just mail? I finally found a few I want to submit :acclaim:

Good question, I was thinking the same thing.

For anyone looking to to meet/greet fellow forumites....you will find me at the Espinoage Comics booth which is run by this fellow....

chris.jpg

He's obviously more honest looking than this blutonian fellow....

adcon1.jpg

But stop by and see me anyway...even if this pic has the look of a wookie in the making. lol

and finally my daughter wanted in on the act. She obviously gets her looks from her Mom and not me.

adcon3.jpg

You can submit books at the show. We'll take them back to Sarasota to grade. You'll save on shipping books to us.

So plitch how does this CGC grading work at this show? Say I want Suydam to do a sketch on a comic and have it GCG'd. What steps do I need to go through for it to be a Sig series book? New at this. :grin:

You can submit books at the show. We'll take them back to Sarasota to grade. You'll save on shipping books to us.

So plitch how does this CGC grading work at this show? Say I want Suydam to do a sketch on a comic and have it GCG'd. What steps do I need to go through for it to be a Sig series book? New at this. :grin:

You have to have a CGC Signature Series rep witness the sketch and signature and then submit it to CGC.

Last minute addition for me. I am now setting up at the show. I won't personally be there, but my books will be at booths 431/504 right at the entrance. I am sending 21 boxes of Silver/Bronze that will be 25% off. 4 boxes of misc SA including Gold Keys, Harveys, Charltons, Towers, and some nice 50s Romance, War, and Westerns. Along with that, I will have 7 boxes of high grade magazines including Creepy, Eerie, Spirits, Vampis, lots of Marvel mags, Savage Swords, and some misc stuff like Skywalds. And I just picked up some newer bulk, so I will have 8 boxes of 1.00 books. Also quite a bit of good wall/display type stuff.

Not sure that this show is going to be worth the effort, but thought I would support a semi-local show. Please stop by and do some shopping. Thanks

Dale

I think the highlight of Saturday besides seeing bradleyx2 is meeting Michael Biehn and hopefully getting a ghost hunters t-shirt. I love that show.

This, I will believe when I see.

Is one of them the first appearance of Man-Wolf in stupid high grade?

hm

Early report from my table is that the show has been okay so far with not a huge crowd, but some decent sales, especially for a Friday. Was not expecting alot so I have been pleasantly surprised so far. Hopefully the crowd will pick up tomorrow and business will be good.

Waited for Aurthur Suydam for 2 hours this morning and still hadn't showed up. Luckily one of the workers made arrangements for us to be first in line when he decided to show up.

He arrived finally around 3 PM. Over 4 hrs late. :frustrated: Sketches were $100 for a simple head shot and $200 for a little more. A little high I thought. So I got a few sigs and a print for $20.

Waited for Aurthur Suydam for 2 hours this morning and still hadn't showed up. Luckily one of the workers made arrangements for us to be first in line when he decided to show up.

He arrived finally around 3 PM. Over 4 hrs late. :frustrated: Sketches were $100 for a simple head shot and $200 for a little more. A little high I thought. So I got a few sigs and a print for $20.

Hey Tim, it was great meeting you today. It looked like you had a great plan for how you wanted to work the con today. I saw you at the head of the Suydam line. It seemed like you were there for nearly an hour. Plenty of folks in line will have to come back tomorrow or Sunday for their Suydam stuff...of course that's how it works. Come in late, create a buzz, and leave them wanting more.

$100 and $200 dollars for Suydam!!! I don't know if that's his normal price or if he was trying to emulate Golden. lol

Best thing for the buyers today was that the small crowd gave the folks plenty of opportunities to meet the stars and artists. Plenty of short lines. Saturday of course should be busier. :wishluck:

For those coming by tomorrow.....there are definately more comic dealers and overall nice books this year versus last year. Plenty of cheap boxes and still a few nice wall books too. So you hopefully can leave with "something" this year. Last year at the ADVcon I only bought one book the whole time.

I also had the opportunity for my first meet and greet with CGC staffers, uh, boss men...Paul and Bradley :hi:. I think they might have been bored silly today. Hopefully folks can give them plenty of work the rest of the weekend. If not, I'll just have to bore them with my continual presence.....What's that? I think I hear them packing up to leave already. lol

I'm going tomorrow to get one auto for myself and meet Doug Mahnke. I won't even have anything to submit which I think is a first for a show. I really should just save the money and gas for Heroes next week.

"Yes, It will be first time setting up. Not sure what to expect, but it's pretty cheap"

Hopefully, they dropped the table prices. I think that may have lowered the number of dealers last year. The website list looks as though there should be more dealers this time around....even saw Beerbohm listed.

Its about 1/2 the cost of Heroes, so can't really complain for 3 day show. Hopefully some people come out. To be honest I haven't even checked out the website, I need to do that.......

Stop by and say Hey. I'll be in the back of room by guests and concessions.

Where the heck are you located at ADVcon, Jeff????

All the seating brochures were gone by the time I thought to look for one.

I was in the back near the concessions too. I probably sat next to you and didn't even know it. :screwy: