• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNBELIEVABLE PEDIGREECOMICS OFFERING NEXT MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

96 posts in this topic

It will break $ 100 K and if it goes to a speculator it will sell for over $ 150 the next time it sells.It's a 9.6 of a very cool D.C. Not only is it JLA 1...IT'S GOT A GREAT COVER. It is perfect slab fodder.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

JUST GOT THEIR NEWSLETTER

DOUG WILL BE AUCTIONING OFF jla 1 9.6, 2 9.6 AND 3 9.4

DO U THINK jla 1 WILL TOP $100k?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNREAL TO THINK THERE IS A NICER COPY THAN THE TOTH COPIES

MyLOLcat.jpg

Actually, I think JLA 1 is one of the worst DC covers out there, right up there with GL 1.

Also, JLA 1 to me is like getting ASM 4 or something... Brave and the Bold 28 is the "uber key".

I have never really liked JLA 1 as a book -- and while 9.6 is a huge number, I would not be paying big, big money or a premium to essentially own issue #4 of a title.

Oh yeah, 1st chess cover? first of all, i don't even know if that's true. And second of all classic cover? hmmmm... no.

As a DC collector, there's several books I'd much rather have than a JLA 1. In fact, I'd rather have a 9.6 JLA 3 --

Sorry, much GL 1, JLA 1 to me is a "fake key" -- it may say #1, but it's no more a true #1 than Hawkman #1 is.

Oh yeah, 1st chess cover? first of all, i don't even know if that's true. And second of all classic cover? hmmmm... no.

As a DC collector, there's several books I'd much rather have than a JLA 1. In fact, I'd rather have a 9.6 JLA 3 --

Sorry, much GL 1, JLA 1 to me is a "fake key" -- it may say #1, but it's no more a true #1 than Hawkman #1 is.

Ouch Brian, while I will not argue with you about it being a classic cover. To compare it to Hawkman 1? ouch.

JLA 1 may not be a true key or even a real #1. But it is still a #1 issue with a gaggle of iconic superheros on the cover. Even if it is a boring Chess setting with lots of chairs.

So quit dissin the chess set!

:hi:

Ouch Brian, while I will not argue with you about it being a classic cover. To compare it to Hawkman 1? ouch.

JLA 1 may not be a true key or even a real #1. But it is still a #1 issue with a gaggle of iconic superheros on the cover. Even if it is a boring Chess setting with lots of chairs.

I think one of the mistakes that has somehow developed over time is that somehow JLA 1, Flash 105, GL 1 etc., should carry as much value as other "#1s". I'm not saying that JLA 1 should be worth as much as Hawkman #1, but they are basically productions of spin offs from other titles... so it is not their true "first appearance".

In the case of JLA 1, they slapped a no action cover on a book that portrays the height of DC silliness (and I like DC silliness)... but $100k or $150k? Are you kidding me... ? I think that should be reserved for the true keys... not books that to me, have limited impact. Would you pay $150k for a 9.6 ASM #4? Probably not. Or an FF #4?

I think one of the mistakes that has somehow developed over time is that somehow JLA 1, Flash 105, GL 1 etc., should carry as much value as other "#1s". I'm not saying that JLA 1 should be worth as much as Hawkman #1, but they are basically productions of spin offs from other titles... so it is not their true "first appearance".

In the case of JLA 1, they slapped a no action cover on a book that portrays the height of DC silliness (and I like DC silliness)... but $100k or $150k? Are you kidding me... ? I think that should be reserved for the true keys... not books that to me, have limited impact. Would you pay $150k for a 9.6 ASM #4? Probably not. Or an FF #4?

I think it comes down to catering to those who think JLA 1 is the cats whiskers coupled with it being offered in a rare grade.

Me personally? No I would not pay it..no way, but that does not mean I don't think it's not a cool DC book. Now as to the point you bring up about manufactured #1 issues.. well that is for another thread I think.

My son is wailing, so this might not be the best time for me to make lucid observations about early SA DC hero books.

Following the same line, isn't ASM #1 really ASM #2 and just a spinoff from another title?

I agree it is a weak cover (JLA, not Spidey) but I'm missing why this first issue is so much weaker. Marvel often started their characters with their own titles, but DC had a long history of starting elsewhere before earning their own title, including Supes, Bats, WW and GL, among others.

In nearly every case the #1 does carry less value than the first appearance, but I'm not seeing the first issue as a second-tier book.

cheetah said the seller was originally asking $50 or $55k- the toth 9.4 (which some would argue has better QP) went for $36k w/ the heritage juice. $100k?? i don't see it happening. and congrats to drdon for "discovering" another series of books which have been discussed here weeks ago.

It will break $ 100 K and if it goes to a speculator it will sell for over $ 150 the next time it sells.It's a 9.6 of a very cool D.C. Not only is it JLA 1...IT'S GOT A GREAT COVER. It is perfect slab fodder.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

No way will this book break $100K. Almost 3X of the recent 9.4 sale? No way.

Also, JLA 1 to me is like getting ASM 4 or something... Brave and the Bold 28 is the "uber key".

I would equate JLA 1 with ASM 4. First appearance in own title, rather than 4th appearance of the JLA.

I do agree with you, however, that B&B 28 is the uber key.

the 1st CHESS cover in comics??

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao::roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

And people wonder why us comic geeks don't get the chicks.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: