• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNBELIEVABLE PEDIGREECOMICS OFFERING NEXT MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

96 posts in this topic

Also, JLA #1 is not like ASM #1 as ASM #1 was the second app. of Spidey ever....this is not the case with JLA #1. JLA #1 is the upteenth app. of these characters (they each appeared individually elswhere and several times together bfore this book)

Okay, so please sell me an Avengers #1 for super cheap because all of the characters had appeared numerous times before individually. meh

Dude, not dissing the book but that is a perfect example...Avengers #1 is a $20,000 or so book in 9.4 IIRC...on par with Daredevil, while any other "big" Marvel #1 will fetch 3-5 times that amount in 9.4.

What will an ASM #1 fetch in 9.4...$50-$70,000?

(shrug)

As a DC collector, there's several books I'd much rather have than a JLA 1. In fact, I'd rather have a 9.6 JLA 3 --

I agree with this. Number 3 has a much better cover in my opinion. Almost a MIS feel to it, but then again I like the sci-fi DC's.

Ken

...let's try and focus for one moment on these beautiful, beautiful books,...that are quite rare in this grade,....I honestly never thought I'd ever see a JLA #3 9.4,..I'd give my right nut for this book,...does anyone know where they came from, or if they were from the same collection?...

I don't know who has seen the books, but here are some photos.

PICT0001-1.jpg

PICT0003-1.jpg

PICT0004-1.jpg

Ok, Foolkiller, noone says you have to be a fan of JLA 1.

But comparing it to Hawkman 1 was just cruel and unnecessary....a total beat down and I think you owe the JLA an apology. Even Aquaman. :baiting:

But comparing it to Hawkman 1 was just cruel and unnecessary....a total beat down and I think you owe the JLA an apology. Even Aquaman. :baiting:

... :roflmao:...

Okay, but I refuse to apologize to that *spoon* Aquaman.

FK, While I agree JLA #1 should not be anywhere near on par with any of the previous Brave and Bold issues. JLA one has to get some credit as being the first issue of a dedicated ongoing title.

Should Cap #100 ( a book I know you like) be less signifigant than the 41 issues of TOS that came before it which contained dedicated CA stories? Using Overstreet Cap 100 is second in value to only #59 (which would be #1). #100 would be the equivalent to #42. How many issue #'s 42 of any title are worth just 35% less than the #1 issue?

While there are many variables between BandB and TOS, such as TOS being a shared book with Iron Man, as is the same with TTA and ST, it seems to me the value is in the fact that #1's are dedicated ongoing titles. While I may actually not feel as strongly about that, it appears that the majority do, based on market value.

Being an old numbers guy, i can really relate to this post...and i'd think this holds up pretty well for IM #1, Hulk #102 and Subby #1 (none of which seem to have the cache of Cap #100 for some reason...) hm

Actually, I think JLA 1 is one of the worst DC covers out there, right up there with GL 1.

Also, JLA 1 to me is like getting ASM 4 or something... Brave and the Bold 28 is the "uber key".

I have never really liked JLA 1 as a book -- and while 9.6 is a huge number, I would not be paying big, big money or a premium to essentially own issue #4 of a title.

ASM 4?? You have to be kidding. I can go with an Avengers #1 comparison maybe, but anything else is just wrong.

GL1 is a nice simple cover, I like it.

I do agree however, the B&B 28 is a much more desirable book and worthy of a big price in 9.6.

There's a definite validity to a SA first issue being considered a key, regardless of how many appearances had come before. Clearly, the publisher felt that there was enough interest and support to move to a stand-alone title, rather than a try-out book.

Is it on par with BB 28? Not remotely. But it is a significant book, and should be considered a key by any definition

Actually, I think JLA 1 is one of the worst DC covers out there, right up there with GL 1.

Also, JLA 1 to me is like getting ASM 4 or something... Brave and the Bold 28 is the "uber key".

I have never really liked JLA 1 as a book -- and while 9.6 is a huge number, I would not be paying big, big money or a premium to essentially own issue #4 of a title.

ASM 4?? You have to be kidding. I can go with an Avengers #1 comparison maybe, but anything else is just wrong.

GL1 is a nice simple cover, I like it.

I do agree however, the B&B 28 is a much more desirable book and worthy of a big price in 9.6.

Why would you compare it to Avengers 1? Avengers 1 is the first appearance of the Avengers as a team. JLA 1 is NOT. JLA 1 is the 4th appearance of the team as a team.

Yes, it seems like I am hating on JLA 1 and I obviously am... but do recognize it is a "big" book. My point is that while it may be the beginning of the ongoing series, I am not sure why B&B 30 is worth less... to me, all these DC books that are supposed "#1s" are really nothing more than later appearances of the character.

The only reason I give Cap 100, Iron Man 1 and Subby 1 a distinction is that they are the first appearance of the character in a solo book (in the silver age). even still, i have long thought these three books are also very, very over valued given their ease of obtaining in pretty much any grade (except 9.8).

The cover to BB 28 is a better cover and a 9.6 of THAT.....EASY 150...maybe more.Whatever the JLA 1 goes for ...it should be interesting.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I guess my post was a bit quick as it's probably worth more now...but I think Rube11 sold one a year or two ago in that price range. Possibly through Bob Storm's High Grade Comics site.

R.

JLA #1, GL #1 and Hawkman #1 seem to be similar to Marvel’s Hulk#102, Captain America #100, and Iron Man #1.

They are good books, but to me def not keys books because they are just a continuation of the previous series which the character was introduced.

God those JLA #1 and Hawkman #1 are terrible covers.

Prob the worst is GL #1. :frustrated:

Because once you get to third and fourth appearances anymore, nobody cares. JLA #1 is the 1st book of a title that a lot of people collect, therefore a key. Brave and the Bold #30 is third appearance of the JLA in a title that more or less was a tryout series and is not actively collected amongst todays collectors as JLA is. Who cares about third appearances, when I was a kid I collected Wayne Gretsky rookie cards, not his third year cards. B and B #28 should be worth the most, than JLA #1, than BB #29 and #30.

My two cents.

Jim

Except JLA #1 is the fourth appearance. 29 and 30 are the second and third... this to me is like saying I collect Wayne Gretsky cards and obtained his rookie card, and then after years 2 and 3 came out, someone produced a "new" rookie card.

Nobody is buying JLA #1 because it is the fourth appearance, nor is anybody buying B and B #30 because it is the third appearance...and thats what you have to get away from.

People will buy B and B #30 only if they have both B and B #28 and #29. Nobody sets a goal of owning a B and B #30 as their grail book, but to many people JLA #1 is that book. Thats all I'm saying Brian, take the appearance # out of your equation, because after 1st and 2nd appearances, nobody cares if is the 4th appearance or 40th.