• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,509 posts in this topic

Slowly completing this run. Not a single copy in high grade, though.

T2eC16hHJF0FFZONyJmBSIYpJrhQ60_57_zps19ea2b4f.jpg

This was described as a "Very Good reading copy" Seems better from the scan. Hope it doesn't arrive with secret sorrows. :wishluck:

I have a copy of #7 I think would come back 7.5/8.0 which is high grade for these books.

APC's aren't hard to find for the most part, just finding a nice copy.

Love this cover for obvious reasons. Plus it's signed.

authenticpolicecases14.jpg

I have a copy of #7 I think would come back 7.5/8.0 which is high grade for these books.

As you probably know, this issue's background color is very unstable for some reason, with most copies having the blue washed out to some degree. Your copy is exceptionally well preserved! :cloud9:

As you probably know, this issue's background color is very unstable for some reason, with most copies having the blue washed out to some degree. Your copy is exceptionally well preserved! :cloud9:

So's that dame! :D

The Church copy of #13 on Metro's site is the only truly high-grade copy that I recall having seen. Given the spotty representation of St John books in Edgar's collection, I would guess there aren't high-grade Church copies of many other issues.

Thanks. The colour is a teal and when I was looking for a copy I made sure the background was as good as it gets.

I completed my Wartime Romances run many years ago and I agree that 3 is the toughest of the run. I also completed Diary Secrets, Going Steady, Teen-Age Romances, Authentic Police Cases, and Cinderella Love. Those late # issues in Teen-Age Romances and Cinderella Love are super tough in grade.

I completed my Wartime Romances run many years ago and I agree that 3 is the toughest of the run. I also completed Diary Secrets, Going Steady, Teen-Age Romances, Authentic Police Cases, and Cinderella Love. Those late # issues in Teen-Age Romances and Cinderella Love are super tough in grade.

It's one that has eluded me to this point.

Welcome to the Boards! :hi:

I previously owned two mile high Authentic Police Cases (6 and 9). The 6 was a nice F/VF and the 9 was close to NM. Boy I wish I still had em.

It's still very nice.

AuthPolice9.jpg

Welcome to the Boards! :hi:

I previously owned two mile high Authentic Police Cases (6 and 9). The 6 was a nice F/VF and the 9 was close to NM. Boy I wish I still had em.

It's still very nice.

AuthPolice9.jpg

Beautiful copy. I wonder if the Church copies are the only surviving high-grade copies of those books. Only three of his copies (4, 7, and 13) appear to have been graded. Anyone know if he had the complete run? Seems as if St John had poor distribution to the outlets Edgar was buying his books from.

Awesome to see two of them. I was wondering if any of you collect any of the 50s digests. They are in my opinion, very rare with some of the best covers. This is one of my favorites and also my personal copy.

photo GirlsOutOfHell_zpsd8cb38dd.jpg