• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,509 posts in this topic

Not listed as Baker in Overstreet or on the label by CGC but looks like it to me. Anyone know for sure?

Cosmic Aeroplane Copy

008_zpsb8b78c8a.jpg

Usual sources say "no," but I think it's hard to be definitive about these things….

Not listed as Baker in Overstreet or on the label by CGC but looks like it to me. Anyone know for sure?

Cosmic Aeroplane Copy

008_zpsb8b78c8a.jpg

Hi Boyd,

This is John Lee from the old Continental Comics of the 90s. Nice cover on the Phantom Lady, but I am 100% convinced this is not Baker. The body form and face just don't match.

Now I can post my Cinderella Love group shot.

DSCN4785.jpg

This is a fabulous shot of a truly beautiful and scarce set of comics. I know people always talk about books being under appreciated, but in this case, the description fits. Congrats on putting this together!

A recent acquisition. I've been looking for a long time.

004_zpsfbb86300.jpg

Nice pickup! Is this the one that was recently on eBay?

The cover image on this GCE 12 is super. Since this book is all about the cover, it is a great pickup! Congrats!

Cosmic Aeroplane Copy

008_zpsb8b78c8a.jpg

Hi Boyd,

This is John Lee from the old Continental Comics of the 90s. Nice cover on the Phantom Lady, but I am 100% convinced this is not Baker. The body form and face just don't match.

Hey John, it has been a long time. Good to hear from you!

Thanks for the info. I knew someone would know!

A recent acquisition. I've been looking for a long time.

004_zpsfbb86300.jpg

Nice pickup! Is this the one that was recently on eBay?

It is in fact. It took some negotiating but I just had to have it.

I was tempted, particularly after he relisted it at a lower price, but couldn't quite pull the trigger. Congrats!

Anyone post a link to this one yet?

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview%2Easp%3Fcode%3D2014feb%23Item_993624&id=993624

Coming up in the February Featured Auction. Single highest graded and a crazy cover. Stupid tough book

Wow! Looks like a really sweet copy. Definitely going to check and see how my copy compares.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview%2Easp%3Fcode%3D2014feb%23Item_993624&id=993624

Coming up in the February Featured Auction. Single highest graded and a crazy cover. Stupid tough book

I noticed that myself. Should be interesting to see what it goes for.

Whoa! I think that's the first copy I've seen. hm

Whoa! I think that's the first copy I've seen. hm

Tough book. Rarely pops up. I get offers on my copy, but always turn them down.