• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,544 posts in this topic

OMG. That auction was really something.

I almost went for the TLP 5, but just...couldn't. Who knows what it would have taken. Rick Starr, congrats.

Recap

Diary Secrets 18 F- $406

Dairy Secrets 24 VG/F $323

Pictorial Romances 6 F+ $203

Teen-Age Romances 14 VG $261

Teen-Age Romances 34 VG+ $478

Teen-Age Temptations 7 VG/F $149

True Love Pictorial 2 VG $137

True Love Pictorial 5 6.5 $741

True Love Pictorial 8 6.0Q $103

True Love Pictorial 10 6.0 $299

Wartime Romances 3 F- $980

This auction had me scratching my head. I only went after one book (which I didn't win), but the prices on the other ones, were, well, surprising. Maybe I'm under estimating the value of what I have. Here's my WR 3...

WarTimeRomances3_zps922bb877.jpg

Hopefully I can come back to this thread this weekend.

Is that a good thing? I've seen the movie...but I'm not relating right now...

John Nash and his graduate buddies are out drinking, and into the bar walks a group of young women. The boys notice the prettiest girl in the group, and immediately they all decide to go after her ("every man for himself"). However, Nash reasons, if they all go after the pretty girl, they will block each other's efforts, offend the other girls by ignoring them, and none of them will get lucky. However, if they all agree to ignore the pretty girl and instead each go after one of her friends, the cooperative strategy will result in an outcome that is beneficial to everyone.

Not by a long shot. This has got to be the rarest:

019.jpg

(BTW, this is not my copy... it's actually the D Copy, and it's been photoshopped a little.) I believe there are only two copies confirmed, but ask Dr. Love about this one- he's the expert.

Yup that's my copy. Or at least my copy as it looks photoshopped! It's a Crippen, but it's a 6.5 Crippen, and there's a reason for that. I'm planning to crack it, press it, and resub, even though it may replace the OW-W with a CR-OW. It's the only graded copy, but I'm pretty sure Bumble Kitty has one too. Other than that I haven't seen one around, but having said that, we'll probably get 3 more posted in the next 24 hours.

Nope, I do NOT own a copy. :sorry:

So there's only one copy? Nobody else knows about another one?

Speaking of Cinderella Love, do you need 14 (Baker story but non-Baker covers) for a complete set? hm

KGrHqZHJEMFFeuiT2YBRfWOfcSOg60_3_zpsbc72a355.jpg

I personally like this issue. So much, that I got one...

CinderellaLove14_zpsf5c4f5df.jpg

Yes, great Baker story in this one... which is also one of the last new Baker stories in a St. John comic.

019.jpg

(BTW, this is not my copy... it's actually the D Copy, and it's been photoshopped a little.) I believe there are only two copies confirmed, but ask Dr. Love about this one- he's the expert.

Yup that's my copy. Or at least my copy as it looks photoshopped! It's a Crippen, but it's a 6.5 Crippen, and there's a reason for that. I'm planning to crack it, press it, and resub, even though it may replace the OW-W with a CR-OW. It's the only graded copy, but I'm pretty sure Bumble Kitty has one too. Other than that I haven't seen one around, but having said that, we'll probably get 3 more posted in the next 24 hours.

Could have sworn I saw another copy posted in this thread at some point. hm

019.jpg

Could have sworn I saw another copy posted in this thread at some point. hm

jlee posted a copy. Michelle Nolan found a copy and wrote an article on discovering it, since it was previously unknown, in an issue of Comic Book Marketplace. I once saw a really low grade copy on ebay. Then the D copy. That's 4.

I do not see this one posted very often. Does everyone have this issue?

# 7

photo PICTROMANCE7_zpsa170ca3b.jpg

I have one.

Me too.

PictorialRomance7.jpg

So, are we going to put our heads and lists together on this Baker stuff, or do all of you just want to play Lone Ranger?

I'm up for giving it a try. Here's my want list, in order of priority:

Teen-Age Romances 45 (G or better)

Pictorial Romances 19, 7 (VG to F)

Teen-Age Romances 9, 17 (G or better)

Diary Secrets 23, 24 (VG to F)

Pictorial Romances 5 (VG to F)

True Love Pictorial 7 (VG to F)

Wartime Romances 1, 7 (VG to F)

Generally speaking, my preferred grade range is VG to Fine, except in the case of the issues of Teen-Age Romances, which I'll accept in any grade I can find, Good or better.

Edited by 29dukedog

Well, here is mine:

Diary Secrets nn :) ANY!

OK, These also, but that's it. I need a bunch of upgrades.

Pictorial Romance 22 (VGF or better)

Giant Comics Edition 5,6 (VGF or better)

Edited by RICK STARR

Ok, no fooling, this time:

Teen-Age Romances 45 (G or better)

Pictorial Romances 19, 7 (VG to F)

Teen-Age Romances 9, 17 (G or better)

Diary Secrets 23, 24 (VG to F)

Pictorial Romances 5 (VG to F)

True Love Pictorial 7 (VG to F)

Wartime Romances 1, 7 (VG to F)

Generally speaking, my preferred grade range is VG to Fine, except in the case of the issues of Teen-Age Romances, which I'll accept in any grade I can find, Good or better.