• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the most money you can imagine yourself spending on a single comic?

133 posts in this topic

Did you say video game?

Yes, I did. That was my holy grail. Worth every penny for me. :grin:

I didn't know there were rare and expensive video games. What's the significance of the one you bought?

Did you say video game?

I didn't know there were rare and expensive video games. What's the significance of the one you bought?

Atlantis II was the very first competition cart ever given to contestants. There were only 25 of these games ever made. And they were given to the 25 best scores. After 26 years only 14 have resurfaced. Of those 14 carts, only 4 still have the documents. And only 3 of those 4 have pictures taken of the documents. One is more rumored. Believe it or not Atlantis II is not the most valuable competition cart. That title goes to the NWC Gold which came 8 years later and goes for about $12,000 at the moment. That is one I don't have. But it is still nice to have the first competition cart ever made to be given out. Especially since only 25 were made. The reason it is worth every penny in my mind is because if I ever sold it, I know that I would never be able to get it again. Although it has only been 20 months since I have owned it, I am pretty sure I could get about $3,000 to $4,000 for it.

Did you say video game?

Atlantis II was the very first competition cart ever given to contestants. There were only 25 of these games ever made. And they were given to the 25 best scores. After 26 years only 14 have resurfaced. Of those 14 carts, only 4 still have the documents. And only 3 of those 4 have pictures taken of the documents. One is more rumored. Believe it or not Atlantis II is not the most valuable competition cart. That title goes to the NWC Gold which came 8 years later and goes for about $12,000 at the moment. That is one I don't have. But it is still nice to have the first competition cart ever made to be given out. Especially since only 25 were made. The reason it is worth every penny in my mind is because if I ever sold it, I know that I would never be able to get it again. Although it has only been 20 months since I have owned it, I am pretty sure I could get about $3,000 to $4,000 for it.

Yeah , the video boards are as rabid as us over here !!.......................BH

Did you say video game?

are you an atariage member then? I don't make it there much but am on nintendoage all the time

Did you say video game?

Yeah , the video boards are as rabid as us over here !!.......................BH

what forum are you at?

for my part the most I ever spent on a comic was about $1500 on a nice lower grade hulk 1 a while back (2000-2002?).

Switched to games around 2002, and paid around $3k on my most expensive item there. Feel less and less of a need to go crazy though. I will make four figure purchases if its something I really want but I don't like doing it anymore.

The most for a single book so far is about $700 but that's gonna go up a lot if I can find a mid grade Avengers # 1 soon. :wishluck: