• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the most money you can imagine yourself spending on a single comic?

133 posts in this topic

A couple years ago, I started a thread "What is the most you have ever spent on a single comic?".......My question now is "What is the most money you can imagine yourself spending on a single comic?"....

The most I have ever spent on a single comic is $600.....

I can imagine myself spending up to $10K for a BB 28 in CGC 9.0 or a nice JLA #1 in CGC 9.0....but I won't (and can't :whistle: ....mrs.spookley) go beyond that mark.....

so my ceiling is $10K...

1000 would be as high as I could ever justify, unless it was an immediate flip for profit.

500 is the most I've ever spent up till now.

When I am laying in bed in that state between sleep and wakefulness, and I am dreaming that I am richer than Bill Gates, well that is when I imagine offering $25,000,000 for the whole Mile High Timely collection.

In my dream he takes the offer! (He should, that is a lot of $$$$$$$$)

I can't see myself ever spending more then $500 on a comic (I have spent about that much a couple of times), but I could see spending upwards of $5000 for the right piece of original art.

When I am laying in bed in that state between sleep and wakefulness, and I am dreaming that I am richer than Bill Gates, well that is when I imagine offering $25,000,000 for the whole Mile High Timely collection.

In my dream he takes the offer! (He should, that is a lot of $$$$$$$$)

I had that dream once, except I offered $40,000,000 to have the AA 16 MH thrown in for good measure :)

It terrifies me to break the $10,000 ceiling.

Wait till you pick up the bar tab after dinner Saturday nite in Chicago.

:devil:

:o

I've spent just over $2,000 twice (on a nice X-Men #1 that I got slabbed (7.0) and an Amazing Spider-Man #14 CGC 9.0 on ebay a few years ago).

I think $2,000 is probably my limit. Although these days, I would be hesitant to go much over $1,000 on one book.

You can hold your breath waiting for that one.

after 10K of drinking, I hope not to have to smell that breath :baiting:

:o

:o:o

:devil: :devil: :devil:

I always had a limit, the max I told myself I would spend, but sometimes opp knocks, and well, you just have to answer, so I blew my max by 70%!