• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the most money you can imagine yourself spending on a single comic?

133 posts in this topic

Most I've ever paid for a book is $62,500.

Most I could see myself spending right now is $100,000.

Most I could see myself spending if I didn't mind getting divorced is $1,000,000 for the right copy of Action #1

That wouldnt happen to be a 6.5 ?

We'd have to make arrangements on the fly b/c I would be running with my passport in hand. Hold the book out on the street corner while I drive by quickly and reach my hand out. :cool:

The most I've ever spent was $450, for a comic that I knew I was going to be flipping shortly thereafter.

For my own collection, I get uncomfortable going over $40 but I'm trying to change my psychology as I get closer to finishing my Daredevil and ASM series.

- cheapa$$ Todd

On a single book it was just shy of 2200, but I have spent closer to 7k from a nice cherry picked collection a few years back :cloud9:

Currently, only $250+/-... but recently I strongly considered tossin' out $1200-$1300 for a very nice CGC 9.6 Conan #1. hm

It would've fit in nicely as the keynote piece for my 9.6+ Registry Set... until reason set in. :(

* Someday, I'll nab it though along w/ a nice 9.4/9.6 ASM #129, my primo 1978 "Bandit" TransAM and the pre-mommy Denise Richards! <3

$5g for a ff#1 or AMF #15 :S

"some day"

other wise my limit for a book is in the $500 range depending I suppose really on the book it self ... maybe %00-1000 if its something I really want & is key ...

I think your theoretical limit goes up the longer you're on this board... (But as always, there are exceptions.)

It's subtle, but it happens. (shrug)

I haven't cracked 5 figures on a book yet but I have done so once for a piece of original art and once for a collectible toy. The most on a book so far has been $6500. It will happen someday for a book, and the thought frightens me.

Jim

I don't necessarily need high grade books, so my threshold is lower than some. I've spent 500 or so a few times, and realistically I could see myself approaching or even passing the $1000 for some of the tougher SA keys, but I doubt I'll ever be spending thousands for a single funny book.

For me the most I have ever spent on a video game was $2,000 for an Atlantis II with docs for the Atari 2600. Most I have ever spent on a comic book was $130 for six silver age Amazing Spider-man comic books raw. 4 of the six turned out to be restored, so I am a little gun shy on buying a comic for more. Most for a bronze age comic was $10 for a Star Wars #1 comic in 9.0 to 9.2 condition.

I think your theoretical limit goes up the longer you're on this board... (But as always, there are exceptions.)

It's subtle, but it happens. (shrug)

Maybe its just as you get older you can stop worrying about Danny's braces or Cynthia's car for her sweet sixteen

For me, most I have spent on a book is $2000 for a Timely book. I like grabbing Timelys in the $500-1500 range. Lower to mid grade copies or nice PLOD copies but not frankenbooks. Most of the silverage books I buy in the 8.5-9.0 range and run in the $100 to $300 range. I think the most I have spend on silver age book is about $400 and $1200 for a bronze age book. All in all, I think my limit is about $5000-6000 - but that will have to be further down the road when I can really afford to start saving for one of the grails on my list.