• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Registry Awards Question

56 posts in this topic

Is there a possibility that there is an Award for the most Registered copies of ONE Silver Age Issue? Those who know about me know the rest of this story...

CAL hm

Is there a possibility that there is an Award for the most Registered copies of ONE Silver Age Issue? Those who know about me know the rest of this story...

CAL hm

hm:wishluck::hi:

CAL hm

the "Silver Age Comic Hoarder" Award hm

CAL hm

the "Silver Age Comic Hoarder" Award hm

I'll take that!!!

CAL the ham...

I actually have a few questions myself in regards to the registry awards:

Who does the judging?

How are the winners notified?

What must be done by the deadline of June 30th?

What happens after the deadline?

I actually have a few questions myself in regards to the registry awards:

Who does the judging?

Great questions Raph, I'm curious about some of these as well :popcorn:

Who does the judging?

I believe the parent company of CGC and CGC, although I'm not sure. I'm sure you are looking at named individuals.

When the announcement is made. A while later, winners will receive "goodies" in the mail...everyone in the past that placed in a set did at least receive a certificate per set.

Enter your book certification numbers in. If they still have an award for "Presentation" then you should put in images and text as well.

They grade and prepare the announcement. Snapshots of award sets are made and made available for display to curious onlookers (provided it is not obscured).

• Administrator

Here is a little more to add to what sterling has already posted:

Who does the judging?

There is a group of judges including many of the guys from the CGC grading room – Mark, Paul, etc. See more about judging below.

An article announcing the winners will be posted to the CGC and Collectors Society sites on July 25th. This article will also appear in the CGC newsletter.

We also prepare a print ad. We email winners to ask if they prefer to use their registry name or real name in the ad.

What sterling said above…just enter your sets.

Behind the scenes, a copy of the registry database is made so we can view sets as they were at the time of the deadline. The sets are organized into judging screens by category - Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age, Modern Age, Best Presented (Sets with the best descriptive text and images). A judge is assigned to each category (based on their expertise) to begin the process of narrowing the number of potential winners in each category. However, it is not simple to choose just 3 winning sets per category. So there is much consultation among the judges across the categories until the final winners are selected.

A winners announcement is prepared and sent to everyone involved in the judging process to confirm that we are all in agreement before we post the results.

After results are posted, plaques are prepared and sent to each winner in the above categories.

In addition to choosing winners in the categories above, we also award the #1 set in every registry set type. Each of these winners will receive a certificate.

Here is a little more to add to what sterling has already posted:

Who does the judging?

There is a group of judges including many of the guys from the CGC grading room – Mark, Paul, etc. See more about judging below.

An article announcing the winners will be posted to the CGC and Collectors Society sites on July 25th. This article will also appear in the CGC newsletter.

We also prepare a print ad. We email winners to ask if they prefer to use their registry name or real name in the ad.

What sterling said above…just enter your sets.

Behind the scenes, a copy of the registry database is made so we can view sets as they were at the time of the deadline. The sets are organized into judging screens by category - Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age, Modern Age, Best Presented (Sets with the best descriptive text and images). A judge is assigned to each category (based on their expertise) to begin the process of narrowing the number of potential winners in each category. However, it is not simple to choose just 3 winning sets per category. So there is much consultation among the judges across the categories until the final winners are selected.

A winners announcement is prepared and sent to everyone involved in the judging process to confirm that we are all in agreement before we post the results.

After results are posted, plaques are prepared and sent to each winner in the above categories.

In addition to choosing winners in the categories above, we also award the #1 set in every registry set type. Each of these winners will receive a certificate.

That was a great response. thanks for taking the time to thoroughly answer all my questions. And also thanks to Sterling Comics for his input as well!

• Administrator
Hi Dena,

Are there any plans to add a Copper Age Category in the future?

Casey

Hi Casey,

No plans right now but I'll make sure it is something we discuss for the future. I'll let you know what comes of those discussions.