• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The sky IS falling...High Grade ASM's at less than GPA !!!

65 posts in this topic

I am so excited to say that I won this book on CL today at a) $400 less than what this particular example sold for 13 months ago and b) $200 less than what a "regular" 9.2 copy sold for last month...I think it is official, the crash is almost upon us !!!

WMASM6.jpg

Another thing judging by the scan this could be the nicest 9.2 copy of anything on the planet!

Time to sell off your hoards and quickly :)

Jim

I am so excited to say that I won this book on CL today at a) $400 less than what this particular example sold for 13 months ago and b) $200 less than what a "regular" 9.2 copy sold for last month...I think it is official, the crash is almost upon us !!!

WMASM6.jpg

Another thing judging by the scan this could be the nicest 9.2 copy of anything on the planet!

Jim

it's got writing on the cover- no one wants that spoon :baiting:

WMASM6.jpg

Jim

I was hoping you'd win that one, amigo.I got beat out on the 27 at $ 920...thought I'd get it on the low end due to the mis-wrap. Oh well,it was for someone else anyway.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

WMASM6.jpg

Jim

Maybe some market indigestion after the big OO run of ASM 1-140 that sold in May....?

Take a look at the CL August preview. If the 6 in 9.2 doesn't do it for you, there's a 9.6 coming up. :o

....along with a ton of other 9.6s from 1-100.

Nice book.

The book I was trying to win tonight went for over GPA

(ASM 15) so I didn't pony up for it.

Oh well, there is always next time.

I was the under-bidder on the ASM 48 9.4...bid $548 and it went for a steal $598...had to take off and be away from computer access for a few hours...dang... (last GPA I believe was above 700) :frustrated:

Jim you are the only one that has to worry. All comics will be fine except White Mountain books are all high quality reprints. So sell your collection fast, I will give you $50.00.

Seriously nice book im sure you are excited NOT having to pay over top dollar for that book.

Pat-

WMASM6.jpg

Jim

I disagree.

The core of ASM's and FF's, Silver Surfers, and the now-red-smokin'-hot IMSM's, Iron Man # 1's are going to do well for YEARS to come.

CAL stockpiling

I was wondering who stole that book!

I prefer to think of it as "bargain hunting" rather then theft. (thumbs u

Very sweet.

The sky IS falling...High Grade ASM's at less than GPA !!!

Money may be moving into Hulk and Iron Man this Summer due to the movie hits.

I've noticed even mid-grade early TOS (40s/50s) have gone up a lot on eBay.

They use to be had for dirt cheap.

:eek: