• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cracked CGC cases *sigh*

28 posts in this topic

I already submitted this to the 'Ask CGC' thread, but I'm unsure if they'll answer it. That, and I bet you cats already know the answer:

Today, while re-boxing some of my slabbed books, the unthinkable occurred...

I stepped on and cracked 4 of my cases...

Question: When I send these in for a new holder/new enclosure, are the books going to be re-graded? The reason that I ask, is that I was pleasantly surprised with two of the grades...I don't want to re-submit and then get them back with a lower grade.

The damage isn't really that bad, but still very noticeable.

Also, what is the estimated time of return for a re-casing?

thanks in advance

Thanks for the help :)

one other question:

one of the cracked cases also has an incorrect label (ie it is a variant cover, but is not distinguished as such on the label)...i was planning on sending that back to them anyway, will they cover the price on that one?

just curious...

one other question:

one of the cracked cases also has an incorrect label (ie it is a variant cover, but is not distinguished as such on the label)...i was planning on sending that back to them anyway, will they cover the price on that one?

just curious...

Yes, but you must note it on the invoice.

In addition, if any of the corner posts are broken and the corner can be opened, it will get regraded. (thumbs u

I was just curious if that policy goes for old label books(loose label) as well as the newer labels which are sealed into the well? Or does it have more to do with the innerwell possibly being bent once outside the shell rendering the grade null.

(shrug)

Re-holdering service - 10 days - $11. They will not re-grade the book, just reholder it.

:cool:

Plus the 22 or so bucks for them to sent it back to you.

one other question:

just curious...

Yes, but you must note it on the invoice.

In addition, you should create a NEW invoice with the "CGC mistakes"...they should not be on the same invoice as the reholders that you will pay.

By the way, I just saw that Modern Tier is no longer ON TIME, but has fallen behind. :P

Books that I submitted on 5/8 just went into scheduled for grading mode this morning. About 2 plus weeks late.

Re-holdering service - 10 days - $11. They will not re-grade the book, just reholder it.

will they reholster at a con?

I have actually been waiting for that.

hm

I recently sent in 3 books to be reholdered. Total cost with shipping both ways and cgc fees was $76. :P