• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Putting together a batch of moderns for CGC - any hidden gem suggestions?

22 posts in this topic

I'll be sending off a batch of 25-30 moderns in the next few weeks. I've got the obvious ones like Ultimate Spidey #1, Iron Man 128, Miracle Man 15 & Amazing Spidey 300. Looking to round out the order with 10-15 books that do unexpectedly well in 9.6 or 9.8.

Anyone want to share the odd book from the last 30 years that for some reason is rare in the CGC census & is selling for much more than it should be?

Thanks in advance.

Any nice CGC copies of Bone #1 are doing well. There have been some real surprises in the Copper realm lately with high grade (9.8) copies of Thor 337, Hulk 340, Captain America Annual 8 and Cap 254 going for a nice amount. If you have early Hellboy or Goon books they do well in HG. Even Preachers and Sandmans in 9.8 seem to be picking up steam. Walking Dead and Y:The last man #1s in 9.8 are sick. That's where I would be looking if I were submitting for blue labels. Good luck!

I'll be sending off a batch of 25-30 moderns in the next few weeks. I've got the obvious ones like Ultimate Spidey #1, Iron Man 128, Miracle Man 15 & Amazing Spidey 300. Looking to round out the order with 10-15 books that do unexpectedly well in 9.6 or 9.8.

Anyone want to share the odd book from the last 30 years that for some reason is rare in the CGC census & is selling for much more than it should be?

Thanks in advance.

Good luck on the Spidey 300. I'm one of the 9.8 owners. :cool:

There have been some real surprises in the Copper realm lately with high grade (9.8) copies of Thor 337, Hulk 340, Captain America Annual 8 and Cap 254 going for a nice amount. If you have early Hellboy or Goon books they do well in HG.

Thanks guys. These are the type of books I was looking for. Basic back stock junk that for some reason goes crazy when it hits 9.8.

The last five copies of Harbinger 1 in 9.8 have sold for $2K+, the last couple 9.8 Solar 10s have topped $1K, 9.8 copies of Uncanny X-Men 294, 295 & 296 are routinely over $150 and probably would get you $200+, Harbinger 8 would sell for $300+, Solar 4 is $250+, Vintage Magnus Robot Fighter 2 & 3 are $150+, X-Men Annual 4, 10, 11, 12 & 13 are all $100+, Uncanny X-Men 164 is $150+, 174 is $100+, 201 is $100+, 207 & 210 are $150+ (and maybe higher with white pages), 220 & 224 are $100+, 255 is $150+, Deathmate Red gold variant is $200+, the Marvel Collectible Classics chrome Spidey 300 is $250+ and the chrome Spidey 1 is $175+

Great stuff guys, a lot of these books I wouldn't have even given a look. Very helpful, it's appreciated.

Would love to know the complete list of what you are submitting. :popcorn: