• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the incredible thud

57 posts in this topic

Just came back from seeing the Hulk I must be a geek, because I really liked it as did my wife. I liked the tributes to to old TV series from Bixby on My three Sons playing on the TV in Brazil to the music. I guess the Leader will be the villian in the next movie.

i believe that was the courtship of eddie's father. i'm old enough to have watched that as an original series. if memory serves, that was bixby's show after my favorite martian, which i truly loved as a little boy.

I really enjoyed all the Brazil stuff, but I'm a little tired of of films whose climax entails two CGI characters beating the cr@p out of each other.

Thats cool.

What I like about comics, especailly Hulk books, is when two characters/creatures/monsters beat the cr@p out of each other the entire time.

I used to love Ultraman. Man in suit, CGI, cartoon, watteva.

If this movie is nothing but Hulk Smash, I'll be happy. Smash is best when it's the army or another creature --- when it comes to the Hulk.

:applause: my thoughts exactly. IMO there was not enough fighting.

Just came back from seeing the Hulk I must be a geek, because I really liked it as did my wife. I liked the tributes to to old TV series from Bixby on My three Sons playing on the TV in Brazil to the music. I guess the Leader will be the villian in the next movie.

i believe that was the courtship of eddie's father. i'm old enough to have watched that as an original series. if memory serves, that was bixby's show after my favorite martian, which i truly loved as a little boy.

(thumbs u

So, um, did this scene really take place?

Absolutely! Marvel is doing in the movies what it did in comics...creating an entire new Universe.

R.

I , um , .. , er , ..agree with Roy ! ... Marvel knows what they are doing . And they have an arsenal as huge as the Marvel universe to bring to the Big screen over the next 20 - 30 years ....

I think it could have a positive impact on comic values , ...personally .....Your's truly .....

I'd love movies of Master of Kung Fu... Agent of SHIELD... Black Panther (from the Jungle Action era).... sweet!

A nice tip of the hat to fans of the TV show...from beginning to end, I thought it was pretty much action all the way...it didn't slow down the way Ang Lee's film did. And it didn't go into revulsive repulsive assinine bad screenwriting toward the end, the way the Ang Lee film did.

Surprisingly, the only part of the Ang Lee film that I personally liked was when he fought the Hulk Dogs...the one part going in I thought I was going to hate.

I was only disappointed that we didn't see him leap miles in this film like we did in Ang Lee's monstrosity.

Tim Roth really added an element in this film that was missing in the first, and thank God we didn't have to deal with the "comic book panel" layout that Lee favored in the first film. That just gave me a headache.

I also like how Marvel Studios is trying to tie all the films together by crossing over characters. :thumbsup:

I really enjoyed all the Brazil stuff, but I'm a little tired of of films whose climax entails two CGI characters beating the cr@p out of each other.

Thats cool.

What I like about comics, especailly Hulk books, is when two characters/creatures/monsters beat the cr@p out of each other the entire time.

I used to love Ultraman. Man in suit, CGI, cartoon, watteva.

If this movie is nothing but Hulk Smash, I'll be happy. Smash is best when it's the army or another creature --- when it comes to the Hulk.

:applause: my thoughts exactly. IMO there was not enough fighting.

I think the whole concept born of the 1980's & Alan Moore that we must make comics sophisticated & mature reeks of foolishness. If anything, that approach birthed the largest threat to the longevity of the medium: elimination of younger readership.

Topless girls are for Savage Sword in the magazine format.

"Comics for the Literati" annoys me.

Comics are about fun and fantasy. Childlike wonder and stuff. Hulk trying to break the Surfer's board over Radd's head.

If I want to feel smart, I'll go to a wine tasting in Soho & talk about Jasper Johns & how much he blows compared to Barry Smith.

(thumbs u

You guys are right. Shows were before my time.

hmlol:headbang: (although I want both) :sumo:

I think the whole concept born of the 1980's & Alan Moore that we must make comics sophisticated & mature reeks of foolishness. If anything, that approach birthed the largest threat to the longevity of the medium: elimination of younger readership.

Comics are about fun and fantasy. Childlike wonder and stuff. Hulk trying to break the Surfer's board over Radd's head.

If I want to feel smart, I'll go to a wine tasting in Soho & talk about Jasper Johns & how much he blows compared to Barry Smith.

hmlol:headbang: (although I want both) :sumo:

There's room enough in the artform for both. What's important is that the one doesn't smother the other one out of existence.

(thumbs u

You guys are right, YOU ARE OLD. Shows were before my time.

fixed that for you.

shockingly, the second time around no one wanted to see it either.

Care to elaborate?

Content please. Otherwise you waste a perfectly good post.

Assuming you are referring to the current movie release, The Incredible Hulk, then your pseudo critique of the film is way off. I thought the movie was great. It was well paced and each time the Hulk was on screen I would almost tense up at the potential power he displayed. He did not have to do anything for me to know he was an awesome force.

I liked it.

Well said. And a great film ! Waaaaaay better then the last POS.

I think the point being made is with respect to the box office take on this movie.

Although word of mouth is much better for Hulk #2 than it was for Hulk #1, it does not seem to be having any impact on the box office results. In fact, the Hulk #1 numbers are still better than the current version even with all of the positive buzz surrounding this movie.

Yes, even though the drop-off in the box office was not as bad as it was for Hulk #1 (at 70%), this drop-off in of 62% for Hulk #2 in Weekend #2 is certainly not a very good number at all. With all of the positive buzz, you would have expected something more in the neighbourhood of 40%.

This movie appears to have an outside chance of doing worst than Hulk #1 by the time it's all said and done. Certainly not what Marvel would have been expecting, considering what must be higher ticket prices for the 2008 version and all the bad buzz surrounding the Ang Lee version.

Well it won't be getting good buzz from me.

I would recommend anyone on the fence with this to wait for Blu Ray.

Norton is good, Hurt is good and Roth is even better.

The CGI, just like I expected, ruins it.

I still say they would have done much better to take a page out of Hellboy, and use CGI and make up combined on a live human being.

It's just too much of a suspension of belief for a human CGI character to interact with live actors on screen.

They don't have the motion right yet, and this movie was close to being cringe worthy whenever Hulk and Abomination are shown.

Does it look goofy? That might be a tad too harsh, but it doesn't look right.

Sad.

bottom line wise, all those of us waiting for it on DVD might not be that bad for Universal and the final income of the film. Studios are more and more looking to the FINAL FINAL tally to break even and show profits. With all the choices available and coming soon, initial box ofice is just part of the picture. Still the BIGGEST though, of course.

Just got back from seeing it for a second time (we took our 2 1/2 year old this time - she LOVES the Hulk..lol) and found that I actually liked it even more this time.

I don't know why...could be cause I rewatched the 2003 version the other night and I am now much more impressed with the CGI and fights than I initially was in this new version.

Definately excited for more pieces leading up to the Avengers movie to be put into place too.

I rewatched the 2003 version the other night too. I couldn't believe what a bad movie it was compared to the new one. Long, confusing, and just plain bad stretches of dialogue (more like "monologue," actually), poor CGI, terrible acting (pretty much overacting by everyone involved), and a really dumb story that seemed like it was trying way too hard to be an "intelligent" movie. Ang Lee's Hulk is almost unwatchable, especially after watching the new one.