• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

absurd ebay listings

67 posts in this topic

How the hell do you get a comic that recent in such a grade and who would be dumb enough to send it to CGC? It does have white to off white pages going for it.

I don't know what amuses me more, the poor choice in submitting or that you consider 25 years to be "recent". It came out in 1983.

Guess I consider anything after 1970 recent, don't think that will ever change for me. I was putting mycomics in plastic bread bags and Mandarin Orange boxes in the early 70's. Not sure when plastic comic bags, mylar, or backing boards were invented. To submit a 80's book to CGC in that grade and proudly post it on Ebay tickles my funny bone.

Sup people, it's been a while since I've posted.

Anyhow, I have resumed tring to complete my ASM colelction. The other day I was checking out the first 10 on ebay and ran across one that had an insane mark up but can't remember which book. I know it wasn't something of key interrest like ASM #1, and the condition was around G-VG- and their starting price was 2,500.00 :screwy: I'll try and post a link but I can't recall which book...I was doing a lot of searching.

Now I reallize I've been out of the loop but does Stan Lee's name add like 600.00 to a comic or am I missing something?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Spider-Man-252-CGC-SS-9-6-Stan-Lee_W0QQitemZ220250172955QQihZ012QQcategoryZ70961QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anyhow, I have resumed tring to complete my ASM colelction. The other day I was checking out the first 10 on ebay and ran across one that had an insane mark up but can't remember which book. I know it wasn't something of key interrest like ASM #1, and the condition was around G-VG- and their starting price was 2,500.00 :screwy: I'll try and post a link but I can't recall which book...I was doing a lot of searching.

Probably the seller considered it Mint.

Nah, you could tell it was no where near mint.

Now is this a good deal, a 9.8 ASM 129 listed for 12,000.00? They claim the last one sold through Heritage sold for just over 14,000.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-129-CGC-9-8-WHITE-PAGES-PUNISHER_W0QQitemZ320268281341QQihZ011QQcategoryZ33819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Now is this a good deal, a 9.8 ASM 129 listed for 12,000.00? They claim the last one sold through Heritage sold for just over 14,000.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-129-CGC-9-8-WHITE-PAGES-PUNISHER_W0QQitemZ320268281341QQihZ011QQcategoryZ33819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ASM129 in CGC 9.8 is a pretty hot comic. I wouldn't buy it for anywhere near that amount but best known key Bronze comic, who knows? Did a copy sell at Heritage for the amount stated?

I believe the seller won this copy on eBay a few weeks ago for $10K.

They say there is a sucker burn everyday and two to take his place :screwy:

I love the Punisher as much as the next guy but he's not a 10,000 key charater...even in high grade. I'm going to make do with my 5.0 and 6.0 ASM 129 and use that 10,000.00 on the first 10 ASM books. I plan to have a complete set by the end of the year.

They say there is a sucker burn everyday and two to take his place :screwy:

I love the Punisher as much as the next guy but he's not a 10,000 key charater...even in high grade. I'm going to make do with my 5.0 and 6.0 ASM 129 and use that 10,000.00 on the first 10 ASM books. I plan to have a complete set by the end of the year.

interesting Thread

CAL who spends too much time online

No ones bid yet , it's all mine :applause:

Damn, missed it

Cool it's been relisted

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150267421577

Damn missed it again doh!