• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Us your Wizard World Chicago Purchases.........

153 posts in this topic

who is the headband guy?

the headband guy had some of the nicest bronze sheit we saw at the show, and that was after getting picked clean thursday night by the sharks.

This guy had NM+ Marvel Tales (the thick squarebound reprints) that looked incredible. I think joeypost picked up a couple.

He heard us talking as we were going through his stuff and cackled out:

you guys gonna put these in plastic

ha ha ha ha

Some samples of what I got from the dude with headband and no personality. This same guy also lightly penciled all of his prices on the back cover of the books as well as a sticker on the bag. Even a $6000 Daring Mystery #1. :screwy:

Those runs of the Marvel reprint titles were incredible. Marvel Super heroes, Marvel Tales, etc. :o

Adventure371nm.jpg

Adventure377nm.jpg

Sub-marinerSP2vfnm.jpg

TombofDracula1NM.jpg

Some samples of what I got from the dude with headband and no personality. This same guy also lightly penciled all of his prices on the back cover of the books as well as a sticker on the bag. Even a $6000 Daring Mystery #1. :screwy:

I haven't been to the Chicago convention for a number of years, but from the description above and some of the other comments about the fellow running the booth, I think this is the store that you are talking about. Perhaps someone from Minny that attended, can confirm.

http://www.midwaybook.com/?page=shop/index&CLSN_2027=121485114420271b6f0539f559ada88c

About 30 years ago or more, they used ink to to mark the prices on the back cover of their books. Seems to me back then the proprietors name was Tom - not sure if that's still the case these days.