• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Us your Wizard World Chicago Purchases.........

153 posts in this topic

To me this cover is the most visually appealing one of all the books I bought. I bought this book from Socratic Wonder but took delivery in Chicago.

MysticComics1V1.jpg

Last but certainly not least...a book that is likely the best cover of the early issues for this run. I have been scouring cons for early Whiz books and they are impossible to find. Under appreciated and undervalued IMO...it's like owning a Superman #3 or a Batman #3.

WhizComics3.jpg

Last but certainly not least...a book that is likely the best cover of the early issues for this run. I have been scouring cons for early Whiz books and they are impossible to find. Under appreciated and undervalued IMO...it's like owning a Superman #3 or a Batman #3.

WhizComics3.jpg

I have never seen that cover posted here before, very nice!

AdventureComics60.jpg

Very nice books, especially Adv 60!! :cloud9:

If I had the money, I would definitely go for early Adventure Comics. Love those books and for some reason, lately, I am beginning to really appreciate the nonsuperhero covers from the early issues.

Oh yeah. This was my first purchase of the weekend. As soon as I pulled into town I "B" lined it straight for the booth where it was sitting. I know I've posted it before but...

marvelmystery9.jpg

I offered the young guy $50 over FN guide on a presentable looking book with a nice cover, and I was told they wouldn't be interested. Not a problem. But...I am not 100% positive, but I could have sworn I saw the yournger guy at Midway (while HB guy was away) give me a middle finger (out of the corner of my eye) as I turned away to leave.

So, what's worse corner of the eye middle finger or behind your back middle finger? :roflmao::roflmao:

I bought 80 comics :tonofbricks:

Weren't 75 of them Romance books? hm

Hey, what's so bad about romance? At least nowadays if you are "guy", you don't have to hide behind a mask to buy them? I wonder if any of you (guys) actually collected them in the 70's. I bet there are more men out there collecting these romance comics than women.

This book is unbelievable. The pages are as white as snow. The cover inks blinding. We were looking at this book wondering if it was a pedigree of some sort. I own an 8.0 copy and this book blows it into the weeds! Very tough book to come by...and now I own two in very hi grade!

AmazingAdventures1chicago.jpg

This one is gorgeous, Roy! :applause:

Andy

WOW~!~

Where did you find that?

:gossip: I got to hold it. It's a beauty and the pages are snow white.

At least we're moving in the right direction. He be collecting Modern super hero books before you know it. ^^

I offered the young guy $50 over FN guide on a presentable looking book with a nice cover, and I was told they wouldn't be interested. Not a problem. But...I am not 100% positive, but I could have sworn I saw the yournger guy at Midway (while HB guy was away) give me a middle finger (out of the corner of my eye) as I turned away to leave.

So, what's worse corner of the eye middle finger or behind your back middle finger? :roflmao::roflmao:

lol That is a question with a potential double meaning, so I will leave that one alone.

WOW~!~

Where did you find that?

:gossip: I got to hold it. It's a beauty and the pages are snow white.

At least we're moving in the right direction. He be collecting Modern super hero books before you know it. ^^

I miss you already :foryou: