• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic book shops in Orange county CA..

17 posts in this topic

I guess it's too late, but thought I would mention Alakazam Comics, 333 East 17th Street, Ste. 19, Costa Mesa, CA.

They are closing down the Costa Mesa store, so everything is half-off - just got back and loaded up on some TPBs. Some decent deals left on trade paperbacks etc. They have some short boxes of "Hi-Grade" Silver and Bronze behind the counter, but I didn't bother taking a look.

Comics Unlimited in Westminster and Cornerstore Comics in Anaheim (for busts and statues) are both decent also....

I guess it's too late, but thought I would mention Alakazam Comics, 333 East 17th Street, Ste. 19, Costa Mesa, CA.

They are closing down the Costa Mesa store, so everything is half-off - just got back and loaded up on some TPBs. Some decent deals left on trade paperbacks etc. They have some short boxes of "Hi-Grade" Silver and Bronze behind the counter, but I didn't bother taking a look.

Comics Unlimited in Westminster and Cornerstore Comics in Anaheim (for busts and statues) are both decent also....

I was just there about a week or so ago...it's a nice shop...but the SA Marvel/DC boxes are mostly mid-grade and over-priced...you can barter though...I think everything's 20 0r 30% off right now until they close and move everything to their Irvine shop...

I was just there about a week or so ago...it's a nice shop...but the SA Marvel/DC boxes are mostly mid-grade and over-priced...you can barter though...I think everything's 20 0r 30% off right now until they close and move everything to their Irvine shop...

I forgot to say in my post that everything is 50% off at Alakazam, and if you are buying a lot of stuff, you can talk them down some.

COMICS TOONS and TOYS in Tustin has alot of "moderns" I always visit when I'm in the area. It's tucked away in a corner, but if you have the address it is easy to find.

About 5 minutes east of the 5

BusinesscardforComicsToonsandToys.jpg

This place had a great feel to it, small, well stocked, and good customer service. I decided to pickup a modern DC title, something just starting so I snagged these.

BatmanGothamafterMidnight1.jpg

BatmanGothamafterMidnight2.jpg

BeachBallComicsbusinesscard.jpg

After leaving Comics Toons and Toys, I went to Beach Ball Comics in Anaheim. Walking through the door I was transported back to the 70's, oldschool display cases made up the counter and three rows of wall books was the Silver age backstock. The middle of the room was bronze and copper back issues and the perimeter showcased Modern books. I said hello to the cashier the started to browse. 75% off read the signs near the wall books, I looked closer, the lowest books were about 9ft off the floor with the second and third rows above. I'm 6' 2" and picking out a "souvenir" was tough, I could only reach the bottom row without help. Most of the books were faded DC's , some Marvels were displayed on the wall behind the counter. I made a decision to buy this at 75% off cover. Beyondtheunknown.jpg Before leaving I searched 6 long boxes of "5 for $1.00" books, as I was starting the 7th my phone rang, time to exit the store and rejoin the 21st century. I'm at home in any comic book shop.

In all I totaled about 4 hours between the two shops, it was time well spent. Next time I'm in the area my first stop will be Terry's Comics, then maybe a store off the short list that last gem came from. :whistle:

Michael

Terrys Comics is based in Orange County, although he's a Con only guy. Good selection of GA and SA, good grader and nice guy. Worth contacting.

Concur.

CAL who has connections in Orange County CA

COMICS TOONS and TOYS in Tustin has alot of "moderns" I always visit when I'm in the area. It's tucked away in a corner, but if you have the address it is easy to find.

About 5 minutes east of the 5

I am a regular there,and it is a great store.Matt is the owner and a great guy. :banana: