• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Batman #20 First Batmobile

19 posts in this topic

Rust on the staples.

Cover is firmly attached.

Book is complete and lays flat.

OW/White Pages (Mostly white) :)

Some stress noncolor breaking cracks on left side of front cover. Really hard to see in scans.

batman20front.jpg

batman20back.jpg

2.5. On the plus side, no major creases, tears or missing pieces. On the negative, lots of wear, and the rusty staples make me worry that some of that soiling is mold.

Still a very nice, classic book!

No mold that I can tell. The interior is very nice. Some tanning on the outer edge but white for the majority of the interior.

I was thinking around a 3.0

I have seen alot of 2.0 in much worse shape than this.

I agree that 2.0 is a bit harsh. Definitely in the 2.5/3.0 range. Clean image area. How's the gloss?

I think all the writing on the logo, plus what on my screen seems like slightly dulled colors (could be the scan?), is leading folks to grade a touch low. Plus the rust on staples, and what looks like color lifts along the bottom.

I am not sure how the gloss was originally on these books but the yellow has no gloss and is dull, but the remaining parts of the front cover has plenty of gloss. The bottom does have some color lifting in the yellow.

Were these books originally glossy all over?

I am not sure how the gloss was originally on these books but the yellow has no gloss and is dull, but the remaining parts of the front cover has plenty of gloss. The bottom does have some color lifting in the yellow.

Were these books originally glossy all over?

Not glossy like modern comics at all, the Batmobile has great strong colors. I think the rusty staples are scaring people...2.5 to 3.0 (but I'd seriously think about replacing those staples) Nice book:)

I've got a nice ~5.5 copy of this book, and agree that the colors on the copy submitted here are strong. My copy also has essentially no gloss by modern standards.

It's not the rusty staples that are scaring me - okay, they look pretty darned rusty and definitely are cause for concern - it's the writing all over the cover. Sure, most of that could be professionally removed without garnering a PLOD from CGC...but right now, the writing is still on the book and must be factored into the grade.

So I'd go 2.0, maybe 2.5 on a good day...