• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - so who is currently selling on eBay???

55 posts in this topic

wow, i can't even pull up your profile on ebay right now

i don't really understand how not being able to leave a neg would have anything to do with ebay improperly busting sellers' chops. in the old days they'd leave a neg and maybe you'd retaliate. if it was a buying account, they wouldn't care much. heck, get too many negs set up another account. i understand, the negsters were a little less willy nilly about leaving negs, but if you're a psycho to start with, why would you care about getting a neg if you're a buyer?

how come the sellers are getting suspended now for stuff that didn't seem to cause it before? have those rules changed? have the "star" ratings things caused this? those tick me off. while i probably deserve what i have for slow shipping because, well, yeah, i'm not the fastest shipper out there and have bungled a few things, but i'm at like 4.5 on shipping costs and I usually ship at postage cost and don't even charge more than 10-20 cents above that. heck, factoring in how many times I eat the extra on shipping charges, not to mention paypal's cut, i lose money on shipping. honestly, i think a chunk of people simply leave low scores because they would like shipping to be free or think everything can be sent media mail for $2.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/RegisterVerifyPSU.html

Suspended Account

There are two reasons why eBay may suspended an account:

Serious violations of eBay's Rules and Policies

Non-payment of eBay Fees

If your account is blocked due to invalid email, unauthorized use of your account, or your selling activity has been restricted, see Other account access problems.

If you receive an email about your account being suspended

When your account is suspended, eBay will send a notification to the registered email address associated with your account. This email will also appear on your My Messages page in My eBay.

Important: Beware of impostor email. If you received an email stating your account was suspended, please confirm that the email was sent from eBay by checking My Messages in My eBay.

If the email message you received is not located in My Messages, proceed with caution. Some members have reported attempts to gain access to their personal information through emails impersonating eBay stating that their account has been or will be suspended. These solicitations will often contain links to Web pages with a request to sign-in and submit information. These emails are also known as "spoof" or "phishing" email. Learn how to recognize spoof mails.

The email and notice sent by eBay will usually contain instructions about how to reinstate your account. Because the details causing account suspension can vary greatly, specific instructions on how to resolve your particular issue will be outlined in the notice. If no instructions appear, please contact us.

If you do not know why you were suspended or if for some reason you do not receive a notice, contact us for more information.

Resolving account suspension due to non-payment

If you were suspended for non-payment of selling fees, see Reinstating Your Account. The most common cause of suspension for non-payment is that the automatic payment method you have on file is outdated or has been recently declined. If you received an error notice while trying to resolve your suspension by updating a credit / debit card or registering an account, contact us.

Other account access problems

If your account is blocked - If your registered email address is no longer valid and your account is on hold or suspended, please contact us. Be sure to include your new email address and the User ID of the blocked account.

If your account has been used without your authorization - Please review the Account Theft Help page for next steps.

If your account has activity limits - In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on accounts. For example, for certain types of items that are reportedly favored by counterfeiters, sellers might not be able to list using one-day or three-day auctions. If a limit has been placed on your account, please contact us.

Appealing your account suspension

If you would like to appeal your suspension, please include any relevant information and reply directly to the suspension notice or contact us.

Note: This form is for suspension appeals only. If you have other questions, please search eBay Help.

If you were suspended for an Unpaid Item Policy Violation or have been warned about not sending a payment, you can appeal through the Unpaid Item Appeal Form.

What happens to your selling activity when your account is suspended?

While your account is suspended, you will not be able to use eBay in any way. This includes bidding, selling, and leaving feedback. If and when your account is reinstated, you will be able to leave feedback for transactions you completed within the 30 days prior to the reinstatement of your account.

Important: Members who are suspended are prohibited from registering new accounts with eBay, or bidding or selling on eBay using any existing accounts. eBay reserves the right to suspend existing accounts as well as new accounts opened by anyone in the same household of a suspended user or by any other associates of a suspended user.

While your account is suspended, you will be unable to sign in to your "My eBay" page. You will be able to contact bidders if and when your account is reinstated. To find auctions that you have recently participated in, you can use the Search feature at: http://pages.ebay.com/search/items/basicsearch.html

Due to your account suspension, members involved in your transactions may choose to retract their offers.

If eBay has ended your listing early, some listing fees will be credited to your account. You can review these credits on your account status page. However, some suspension reasons will result in the fees being forfeited for ended listings. If you have additional questions, please review Why eBay May Remove Your Listing.

Note: If you are suspended, you are not eligible to use eBay or Half.com until the problems that led to the suspension are resolved. If the suspension is due to non-payment of eBay fees, the balance must be paid in full before the suspension is removed. For more information see Reinstating Your Account.

Your eBay Account

Looks like you should first find out if the e-mail is your "My eBay" folder - although with a suspended account, I'm not certain how that could possibly happen.

Next, follow-up on the contact links in the URL provided above so that you can have >some< clue as to why you've been suspended.

Hope that helps.

Larry

I just finished chatting with a ebay rep. I got nowhere with them. It is pathetic what ebay has working for them. There is no Phone lines connected to customer support. I am being penalized for 1 negative feedback that causes a 30 day suspension, My first negatives in 4 years. I guess when you have over 2,000 + positives from the last 4 years or more, It doesn't mean squat.

i don't really understand how not being able to leave a neg would have anything to do with ebay improperly busting sellers' chops. in the old days they'd leave a neg and maybe you'd retaliate. if it was a buying account, they wouldn't care much. heck, get too many negs set up another account. i understand, the negsters were a little less willy nilly about leaving negs, but if you're a psycho to start with, why would you care about getting a neg if you're a buyer?

how come the sellers are getting suspended now for stuff that didn't seem to cause it before? have those rules changed? have the "star" ratings things caused this? those tick me off. while i probably deserve what i have for slow shipping because, well, yeah, i'm not the fastest shipper out there and have bungled a few things, but i'm at like 4.5 on shipping costs and I usually ship at postage cost and don't even charge more than 10-20 cents above that. heck, factoring in how many times I eat the extra on shipping charges, not to mention paypal's cut, i lose money on shipping. honestly, i think a chunk of people simply leave low scores because they would like shipping to be free or think everything can be sent media mail for $2.

I got a excessive shipping fee warning while listing a CGCed book with BIN, Best Offer option. I charge $10.00 for USPS priority flat rate box. (shrug)

I'll make some comments here:

I'm also a satisfied eBay store owner, and I currently have about 85 items listed.

A rather big time comic dealer suggested that every time you list an item in your store, it kicks out on some sort of new item listing, and you'll generally have a better chance of selling something from your store after this. I've found this to be true.

I use first class shipping with the online delivery order confirmation, and it costs something like $2.20 or $2.37 at the post office. Don't forget using a packing peanut to make the package 3/4" thick- if too thin, you'll have to pay for Priority in order to get the D.O.

I've experienced moving about 5-10% of my inventory every month on the average, so it pays to get more listed. My selling prices are generally around $10.

Originally Posted By: the blob

I got a excessive shipping fee warning while listing a CGCed book with BIN, Best Offer option. I charge $10.00 for USPS priority flat rate box. \(shrug\)

I guess eBay doesn't know the flat rate box is $9.80. rantrant

Originally Posted By: comicdey
I haven't sold on ebay in a long long time, and don't see myself going back there unless they change the rules again.

\:\(

I used to enjoy anonymously asking if you had any Action 1's left.

I know who you are.....and funny thing...I've still got a small stack of books set aside in the office for you.... I haven't sold much in a long while....maybe it's time again.