• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGCworlds WW Chicago report (extended version)

87 posts in this topic

Fridays convention activities are a relative blur as my wife decided to sleep in and left Chris and I to attack the convention floor on our own. The 1st place we headed was the Heritage booth, and picking up my win from their latest signature auction.

MyAF15.jpg

I think Chris was just excited for me as I was as somebody handed me my book and I held it for the 1st time. He snapped a picture and we headed into different directions.

(thumbs u

c4.jpg

Guess you didn't trust me enough to have it shipped to my house :sorry:

Ang: Why would I pay for shipping, when they are hand delivering? Would I have asked you if I didn't trust you? :sorry:

Jim

Fridays convention activities are a relative blur as my wife decided to sleep in and left Chris and I to attack the convention floor on our own. The 1st place we headed was the Heritage booth, and picking up my win from their latest signature auction.

MyAF15.jpg

I think Chris was just excited for me as I was as somebody handed me my book and I held it for the 1st time. He snapped a picture and we headed into different directions.

(thumbs u

c4.jpg

Guess you didn't trust me enough to have it shipped to my house :sorry:

Ang: Why would I pay for shipping, when they are hand delivering? Would I have asked you if I didn't trust you? :sorry:

Jim

Better that you didn't. I would've probably traded it for some GA :devil:

Thank you sir for the kind words and advice in Chicago.

Jim or is it Andy? :)

why I oughta..... :kidaround:

Ok, here's the story on that. Greektown dinner: Angelo was directly across from me and we talked about Kirby OA and that Fighting American cover. You were sitting a seat or two over and we were talking about that Kirby page. I was sitting next to Doug, another OA guy and we gabbed about art all night with Brad and others. Then the musical chairs started happening as people were getting up to mingle, watch Greggy spill stuff, go outside for a smoke, etc. During that time, I must've talked to 4 different people about various Kirby art that was floating around the show, not to mention other people giving me the 411 on some sweet art that wasn't necessarily sitting out on the tables. Then at one point Andy came over and mentioned his Kirby page and I was just gushing over the fact that he has this great Kirby war page that is absolutely spectacular. And fortunately for me, the bartender was being generous with the Grey Goose and Citron. I like Greektown bartenders, they know how to pour. No arthritis in those wrists! lol

So the next day I went and looked at the FF 73 page. But I was trying to remember exactly who it was that wanted my opinion on it! doh! Then I ran into Andy and Ricki and Ze and thought it was Andy, so I started talking to him like he was the one and of course he had no idea what I was talking about, and kept speaking to me very calmly all the while trying to scoot Ricki a safe distance from the demented raving Kirby lunatic telling him about "that page you were talking about last night...." And of course he's thinking: :screwy:

What can I say, every now and then I pick the locks and escape from the basement. :insane:

BTW Jim,

Some pretty sweet books you picked up. (thumbs u

The con seemed like it was a blast and I would like to

thank all members that were there and took the time

to take Pics and write these great reports.

I was proud to be a member of this community and thought

everybody looked so good and it was nice to put a few more

names to faces.

The best dressed member was hands down this great guy:

000_3127-1.jpg

We won't hold it against him that he is a two fisted drinker

and I just hope the bum I cropped out of the picture found

a warm bed and some food for the night. :P

I just hope the bum I cropped out of the picture found

a warm bed and some food for the night.

Appreciate your concern. :tonofbricks:

:screwy:

I just hope the bum I cropped out of the picture found

a warm bed and some food for the night.

Appreciate your concern. :tonofbricks:

I'm sorry Chris, :sorry:I knew that was you and was trying

to be a wise-azz. You looked great. :luhv:

000_3127.jpg

:sorry::foryou:

It was very odd to see Chris walking up, muttering quietly under his breath "we need to leave now, seriously"

Besides, all your ciggies were gone by then. We were such moochers!