• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Password/Username no longer working for Collectors Society registry

41 posts in this topic

We have added password protection to our Census, so if you do not have a free or paid CS account you will need to establish a "Pass Key" to log into the site and access that feature.

???:(

It's free. They just want to track you now when linking from Heritage and GPA and want to incorporate some new site features.

Yeah, I get in too, BUT it's a little bizzare -- when I get to the member page it says that I should UPGRADE my account to get Direct Submissions, Free Grading Coupon and Discount for Online Submissions. When I go to my Collector's Scoiety Control Panel I can still do that. Somehow the Member Portal from the CGC site isn't recognizing that I'm a paying user.

• Administrator

We are working on that....sorry! Also, we will be changing the benefits listing to a more readable format, so be prepared for a few tweaks before it is finally done. Thanks for your patience (in advance)

I created an account successfully, got the emails and “Congratulations Richard! You have successfully activated your Pass Key Account.” page on the CGC site, but when I try to log in, I get “Invalid name or password.” (shrug)

I've also now received 6 identical "Welcome to your Pass Key Account for CGC and Collectors Society!" emails.

• Administrator

Just to be clear, the login is comprised of the e-mail address and the password you provide, you do not use the Public Name when logging in.

If that is not the problem, what was the e-mail you used to sign up so I can test it? (you can PM me the info)

doh! Works fine now. :shy:

Dammit!

:roflmao: You really should change your screen name to *spoon* Pontoon.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

What kind of crazy filter wont allow someones first name?

Yet the thread with the movie Hancock in the title sails right on by.

What happened, exactly? Did it give you an error or just not let you in? I will look into it.

Hi Gemma,

It says invalid usrname/password.

Gemma posted about some new madness with authentication...didn't you get the voice mail about the e-mail about the text message?

New with this year awards, they are automatically revoking users who have underprivileged sets...so get cracking! :baiting:

nope, stright in first time (thumbs u

I don't know how yours could be different,dont you have to sign in to features and then sign into your registry?

Good question, but only the one log in, smooth as butter.

.... in consolation Pedigree takes me twice (shrug)

• Administrator

The different sites are separate and do not communicate with each other, so if you are logged into CGC and you visit any other CCG site, you will need to log in on that site. If you use the "remember me" button and do not "logout" each time, it should keep you logged in (as long as you allow cookies for these sites).

Is this the problem you are experiencing? When going from CGC to Collectors' Society and back again? Unfortunately there is no way to have the sites communicate (or so I was told) so this is the way it will probably remain.