• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Password/Username no longer working for Collectors Society registry

41 posts in this topic

I think he is talking about the CS sign in which is different from these forums.
Don't you hate it when people respond without understanding the question asked? :whistle:

Has anyone else noticed this? Try logging out then get back in. I can't do it.

That happened to me while I was in Chicago. It is not happeneing at home now, but I have not logged off and tried to log back in hm

Don't you hate it when people respond without understanding the question asked? :whistle:

Don't you hate when people post OT questions in a CGC forum, rather than contacting the Collector's Society tech support. :makepoint:

And the answer is probably a common security device limiting the time between long-ins. Wait 5 more minutes and try again.

CGC has added a new login/password secruity to their website I keep this board in memory (remember me). When I tried to login to the CGC website (www.cgccomics.com) it failed. Then I tried to login to my registry (not in memory) and it failed. I emailed requesting my password. They emailed me with my password. I renentered it. Still no luck. If I Iogout of this board, I probably won't be able to log back in. try logging into the CGC website.

• Administrator

I tried logging in as you and it worked??? Just to be sure, you are logging in with your e-mail and password from the CS site, right?

(I am still looking into it, even though it worked for me...if it happens to work for you LMK)

Anyone else having trouble?

Gemma I clicked on the census link that GPA uses in their site and got the same message. I thought that maybe you guys changed your site and made the census only available to CS members.

R.

• Administrator

We have added password protection to our Census, so if you do not have a free or paid CS account you will need to establish a "Pass Key" to log into the site and access that feature.

We have added password protection to our Census, so if you do not have a free or paid CS account you will need to establish a "Pass Key" to log into the site and access that feature.

???:(

I tried logging in as you and it worked??? Just to be sure, you are logging in with your e-mail and password from the CS site, right?

(I am still looking into it, even though it worked for me...if it happens to work for you LMK)

Gemma, I had the same problem. Tried to use the census, and it said I had to register, so I did using my boards userid and password. It still wouldn't let me in, and gave me the invalid userid/password message.

PM sent

• Administrator

If you have to set up a new Pass Key account, you will need to click the verification link in your e-mail to finish the process before it will allow you to log in.