• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shill ID's on this board..........you're all pathetic.

87 posts in this topic

Time out for a second guys,..I've had the opportunity to sit back and just read posts today while I was in chat room jail.........it's time to do a reality check...... WE ARE GROWN MEN WHO READ COMIC BOOKS....... and while I don't see anything wrong with that, there are a lot of people outside our little universe who would think that we are all just a few fries short of a happy meal.......we were the guys in mathletes....av club.....marching band....chess club..... science camp.....etc...etc........in one shape or form we were some kind of geek (and I'm sure many of you will deny this , and thats Ok...sometimes the hardest thing to see is the man in the mirror)

I, for one, and going to adamantly disagree with your assessment of me! I am not, nor have I ever been, a man. Geek? Sure. But not a man. I'll take no more of your insults, geekboy. So there. Nyah.

-- Joanna

Time out for a second guys,..I've had the opportunity to sit back and just read posts today while I was in chat room jail.........it's time to do a reality check...... WE ARE GROWN MEN WHO READ COMIC BOOKS....... and while I don't see anything wrong with that, there are a lot of people outside our little universe who would think that we are all just a few fries short of a happy meal.......we were the guys in mathletes....av club.....marching band....chess club..... science camp.....etc...etc........in one shape or form we were some kind of geek (and I'm sure many of you will deny this , and thats Ok...sometimes the hardest thing to see is the man in the mirror)

I, for one, and going to adamantly disagree with your assessment of me! I am not, nor have I ever been, a man. Geek? Sure. But not a man. I'll take no more of your insults, geekboy. So there. Nyah.

-- Joanna

You bit the heads off chickens????

Oooo, have you ever read "Geek Love"?? Fun book. Weird characters. Carnival. Have we discussed this before? Am I experiencing deja vu or is this yet another series of mini-strokes?

Mini-strokes. Oh man, if I hadn't said that, I would have SO many great follow-up bags for that one.

893frustrated.gif

I was in the Homecoming Court my senior year! I was popular! I was popular, dammit!! :::curls into fetal position, sobs quietly::: I was popular... I was popular...

I was on Prom Court. But I'm convinced it was a class uprising against the popular kids by voting the "this'll show them!" ballot.

-- Joanna

You bit the heads off chickens????

Oooo, have you ever read "Geek Love"?? Fun book. Weird characters. Carnival. Have we discussed this before? Am I experiencing deja vu or is this yet another series of mini-strokes?

Nope, haven't read it. But I once worked with an excessively strange guy whose favorite saying was, "This is a good day for pushing little chickens in the river." I'm fairly certain he grew up to be a serial killer.

Mini-strokes. Oh man, if I hadn't said that, I would have SO many great follow-up bags for that one.

893frustrated.gif

Follow-up bags deleted by Wertham. (just saving you the trouble, W).

-- Joanna

I was in the Homecoming Court my senior year! I was popular! I was popular, dammit!! :::curls into fetal position, sobs quietly::: I was popular... I was popular...

I was on Prom Court. But I'm convinced it was a class uprising against the popular kids by voting the "this'll show them!" ballot.

-- Joanna

THE FEW,....THE PROUD,....THE GEEKS

DISC.jpg

JONNYDOUBLE CLASS OF 1980

-- Joanna

THE FEW,....THE PROUD,....THE GEEKS

DISC.jpg

JONNYDOUBLE CLASS OF 1980

VINNI !!!!

WELCOME BACK KOTTER!!! 27_laughing.gif

-- Joanna

Ha! I was waiting for that. As always, you deliver the goods...

-- Joanna

My humble apologies M'lady, WE ARE GROWN MEN AND WOMEN WHO READ COMIC BOOKS........I stand corected,...but we are still all GEEKS,...and GEEKETTES....

J.D.

When I first started lurking on these boads(September of last year) this was a much more productive and interesting place. And the reason, above all, is that IMO it seemed that people had more respect for each other

This is part of the reason I don't post here as much anymore. IMO the topics/subjects of the boards have gone from mostly informative and interesting to what they currently are now, mostly insults/jokes/and repetitive comments. Occasionally there's a good conversation (which usually takes place between only 3-4 members now) so that's why I stick around to read. Hell the lack of conversation on here can be summed up in just a few threads, without these stupid smiley things there'd be about 1/2 as many posts.

Brian

I've a strange feeling of deja vu about this post....