• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody interested in a Toronto Forum Dinner Saturday?

54 posts in this topic

The Holiday Inn restaurant is booked for the Saturday night, but as someone else said, that is the restaurant district.

I recently went to the Thai Princess Restaurant (right across the street) and it was great. 387 King Street West, Toronto ON M5V1K1, (416) 977-8222

Rob: Well it looks by the overwhelming response that we'll just have to plan something during the show and see who all is in.

BTW I'll bring your Watchmen trade with me on Saturday :)

Jim

lol Truly I was hoping to host something but we just got back into town (I've been gone last 2 weeks) and with also volunteering at the show there wasn't really a good time to do it.

I actually forgot you had that trade. Did you like it?

I work 2-10 Sat, 1-9 Sun but I hope to hit the show saturday morning and spend what little I can spare between this weeks familial sponging and a possible iphone purchase.

So is this a Sat/Sun post show real-meal or a or a last call event?

If its Sunday I can hangout in Tdot comparing purchases for a few hours.

I plan on hitting all TO shows this year, work be damned.

Sub: I saw you today over at Harleys booth vut I didn't get a chance to say hi. We did have a small five person dinner today (of course Roy and Lou baled) but it was fun and than we had drinks til about 11:00 and the night was done. I don't forsee any gathering going on tomorrow, as once we pack up our stuff I'm sure most people will want to be heading home.

Jim

We did have a small five person dinner, but it was fun and we had drinks til about 11:00 and the night was done.

So, who else was there...? :baiting:

Ah, I was sad though... I was completely prepared to spend all of my "Blue and Shiny" to keep the par-tay a rollin', but all good things, I guess. :(

Yeah it was a great time, in what was my first public Forumite appearance! (thumbs u

I'm expecting that ill-begotten pic that Alex took of me to be hitting the net anytime now... :/

:eek:

* Just outside of Toronto, we needed to stop for gas (petrol, in litres no less?). After exchanging my near-worthless US $$ into more colorful Canadian $$, the attendant could see that I was struggling w/ the denominations. So, I eventually paid our $54 fuel bill w/ a trio $20's and he was good enough to count back my change as a "Blue and a Shiny" (a $5 bill and a Looney). I thanked the man, put on my bright yellow protective helmet and skipped off chatting quietly to myself...

We did have a small five person dinner, but it was fun and we had drinks til about 11:00 and the night was done.

So, who else was there...? :baiting:

Ah, I was sad though... I was completely prepared to spend all of my "Blue and Shiny" to keep the par-tay a rollin', but all good things, I guess. :(

Yeah it was a great time, in what was my first public Forumite appearance! (thumbs u

I'm expecting that ill-begotten pic that Alex took of me to be hitting the net anytime now... :/

:eek:

* Just outside of Toronto, we needed to stop for gas (petrol, in litres no less?). After exchanging my near-worthless US $$ into more colorful Canadian $$, the attendant could see that I was struggling w/ the denominations. So, I eventually paid our $54 fuel bill w/ a trio $20's and he was good enough to count back my change as a "Blue and a Shiny" (a $5 bill and a Looney). I thanked the man, put on my bright yellow protective helmet and skipped off chatting quietly to myself...

Do you mean this one? It's not that bad:

IMG_0891.jpg