• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll: Cover or Contents?

Cover or Contents  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Cover or Contents

29 posts in this topic

From a GA newbies perspective what I find funny is the more I am exposed to GA books the more I realize how really, really bad some stories can be, and on the flip side how really, really good others actually are.

Trying to find them though has been as much fun as I have had in my limited time as a back issue collector. That said,

Covers still rock!

edit, I wanted to add that stories I might find stupid or downright unreadable might be another collectors favorite story. Stupid comics, appealing to a wide array of tastes. :frustrated:

But don't you have simplistic or child like artists today along with life like art and cartoony art? To me there is no difference between GA and MA eras. Each era has it's niches.

To say one is "better" than the other is not quantifiable.

There are plenty of GA masters that make modern artists eat crow and visa versa.

Style is always best admired on a personal level.

R.

I find it a constant irritation that people assume that "modern day artwork is far superior" [to GA stories']. That is flat out not correct. I will agree more about the stories but when it comes to artwork, that generality simply does not hold.

What he said. And as far as stories, nothing today matches the EC contents.

I find it a constant irritation that people assume that "modern day artwork is far superior" [to GA stories']. That is flat out not correct. I will agree more about the stories but when it comes to artwork, that generality simply does not hold.

What he said. And as far as stories, nothing today matches the EC contents.

And nothing ever will. There will never be a story you could compare to a high-water mark like Master Race and say, "this is better." You just can't get better than Master Race.

cover.

i dont read my GA investment collectibles. i am attracted to plain looking covers using lots of primary colors etc.

must be rare DC too :baiting:

i would only buy for contents for key issues.

B.

me too; i collect only iconic covers, and hi-grade ones at that.

crapola.jpg

I personally buy my GA books based on smell.....love that "old comic" smell when you first crack open that 68 year-old comic.....................

Depends on how bad it smells. One of the LCS just snagged some low grade ECs, one of which is molding. Let's just say that it is not safe to take it out of the bag due to the smell! lol