• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YOU can be a Mile High Grader!!!

44 posts in this topic

unload our rail container full of 22,000 lbs. of comics from last week's Chicago convention.

22,000 lbs is about 11 tons of comics, folks. Very impressive haul, I must say.

22,000 lbs of krap (shrug)

Yep. :P

Don't you know it. Digging in those long boxes like gophers. Krap is being generous. Most of that stuff is just pure unadulterated sh*t. :P

I bet he uses that stuff as fertilizer for his weed. hm

So he uses that sh*t to grow his sh*t?

My only other topic for today's newsletter is on the subject of hiring. We have added over a dozen new staff members here at Mile High Comics during the past 90 days,

Seems like only yesterday Chuck was bemoaning some catastrophe and giving us all the impression he was about to go belly up.

unload our rail container full of 22,000 lbs. of comics from last week's Chicago convention.

Chicago must be quite a show to have 22,000 lbs worth of quarter bins. :eek:

i wonder how good of a grader you have to be.

The interview...

blinder.jpg

Exactly what i was thinking :roflmao:... plus 22,000 lbs, more like 22 long box's of 25c pickups that will be sold at a 60% off from a asking price of $15-25

lollollol

Chicago must be quite a show to have 22,000 lbs worth of quarter bins. :eek:

Exactly...the logistics don't make sense here, for some reason. :insane:

The y will need to fill out an application, and then set up an interview with William Murakami, our Operations Vice President. We often hire immediately, so have them come on in and fill out an application!

It's a proven fact that the best jobs for the most qualified people often hire people on the spot.

lol

Let's see...

40 pounds = long box

550 long boxes = 22,000

So Chuck grabbed 550 long boxes?

He already said that he purchased about 150,000 comics and 6,000 tpbs.

150,000 comics = ~ 450 long boxes assuming they're overstock. (raw, not bagged/boarded generally.)

I'd surmise that Chuck actually bought a lot of dealer's overstock or their back rooms. That means that he probably picked up newer books from the last few years as well as books from the 80's and 90's. The newer books will be good for Mile High given the low print runs for today's books.

They wouldn't be good for the local retailer, but since he retails to the world, Chuck's able to move them.

Comic Relief in Berkeley opened up their back room and sold their overstock for $1 each recently. On some issues, you could see they over-ordered or had an excess of 20 copies or more. That's a lot of sunk money if they do that for every comic. (There were also a lot of excess tbps that were also $1 each.)

I haven't read this entire thread, so maybe this has been asked already, but I wonder if he'd hire a good grader? Someone who does a better job then what they do already. In other words, would they hire someone who is overqualified?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!

Okay, that's enough.

I haven't read this entire thread, so maybe this has been asked already, but I wonder if he'd hire a good grader? Someone who does a better job then what they do already. In other words, would they hire someone who is overqualified?

Don't laugh...

Someone I know -- a very well respected old time sports memorabilia dealer -- was on the ground floor as an authenticator when the "#1" authentication service opened their doors.

He soon ran into trouble because he was rejecting "too many" items as forgeries. In effect, he was too good.

(He didn't like the pressure to "approve" items that were questionable... so he did not last long with that company.)