• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When they say bust, they mean bust!

57 posts in this topic

Be forewarned, this is a totally pointless thread. But I stumbled upon the following on eBay and just had to comment on it:

4e2d1kw4.jpg

(Image Credit: this eBay auction)

A Marvel Icons bust of Emma Frost. Is this a costume the character actually wore in the comics? If so, how? The physics required boggle the mind. But the wordplay involving the two definitions of "bust" this collectible allows is delicious...

They could put a pair of boobs on a base and some people would buy it.

Diff'rent strokes and all, but I'd be embarrassed as hell to have that thing on display

They could put a pair of boobs on a base and some people would buy it.

Diff'rent strokes and all, but I'd be embarrassed as hell to have that thing on display

She does look a bit embarrassed herself...

Is this a costume the character actually wore in the comics? If so, how?

:gossip: Double-sided tape.

But judging from the image, probably double-sided duct tape.

Folks, I want it made clear that I have absolutely nothing against the showing of skin, be it in comic books or real life. With that said, the Emma Frost bust I saw on eBay does seem to take the concept of sexy comic heroine and/or villainess a bit too far. It defies the laws of thermodynamics or something. The same goes for some of the other busts JC posted.

But really, I just wanted to make a pun on the word bust.

Carry on!