• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Surprised that the 6.5 SS sold for that much!!! I personally am not a big fan of SS comics especially on GA and SA keys.. It just "ruins" the cover IMHO!?!? If you want a signed key copy, please get a low graded one.. Argh!! Just annoying to me..

But anyways, I didn't know that the 9.0 was an 8.5. Probably the reason why it only sold for $151,555. Anyone have a scan on when it was an 8.5? Would like to see if there were any improvements due to a pressing or if it was resubbed.

Agreed.

I think a Stan Lee signature on AF#15 is one of the few books that can command or deserves a premium because of its allure, considering its his greatest creation!

Yes, Stan Lee signatures are on everything under the sun but AF#15 and a signature is truly special and timeless.

Can't see other books whether key or not, getting the same demand, respect or recognition.

Surprised that the 6.5 SS sold for that much!!! I personally am not a big fan of SS comics especially on GA and SA keys.. It just "ruins" the cover IMHO!?!? If you want a signed key copy, please get a low graded one.. Argh!! Just annoying to me..

But anyways, I didn't know that the 9.0 was an 8.5. Probably the reason why it only sold for $151,555. Anyone have a scan on when it was an 8.5? Would like to see if there were any improvements due to a pressing or if it was resubbed.

The book looked the same. It was one of those "tweener" books that could have gone either way.

(thumbs u

I think the main reason it did not go higher was the miswrap. One guy I know would have bid higher except for that.

More and more, probably driven by this chat forum's internet chatter, people are buying the book and not the label.

The book looked the same. It was one of those "tweener" books that could have gone either way.

(thumbs u

I think the main reason it did not go higher was the miswrap. One guy I know would have bid higher except for that.

More and more, probably driven by this chat forum's internet chatter, people are buying the book and not the label.

What Roy is saying is if you want a 9.0, wait for one that doesn't have a miswrap. You'll pay more, but you'll be a happier :banana: over time.

(thumbs u

I agree with your guy, that slight miswrap was a turn off for me for a high graded copy. If I had the money, I probably wouldn't bid on this and would wait for a better centered copy. But that's just me though. It is too distracting lol

What Roy is saying is if you want a 9.0, wait for one that doesn't have a miswrap. You'll pay more, but you'll be a happier :banana: over time.

Some people aren't bothered by it, some are.

It never bothered me until I joined this damn forum.

:makepoint:

Thanks. And I'd agree, it isn't that bad looking. You don't often see an angled miswrap on AF #15 like that, at least I don't. I'd rather this wrap than missing a bunch of the A and 12 cent circle wrapped onto the back cover as is much more common on this book, but that's how my OCD works.

Link to this apparently ugly 9.0?

It's not that bad looking of a book.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=371059&enlarge=1

I'm not one of those centering Nazis, but that bugs even me. If I were to buy a six figure comic I would definitely pass on that one. Well, then I would wake up.

Well, the long anticipated wait is over!!!! I have been waiting for this book for about a month or so. Sold all my pre-robin tecs to acquire this book + cash. I know some of you have guessed it right and others have wondered the reason why I sold my Pre-robin's. Well, the answer is right below this text!!!

The colors on this book are the best I've seen, basically news stand fresh! And, White Pages to boot :cloud9: I couldn't have been anymore happier with my decision. I'm glad I did what I did and have no regrets! A very special thanks to Sparkle City for working with me on acquiring this book. Without further adieu, I would like to personally induct this Amazing Fantasy #15 CGC 8.5 into my collection :banana::banana::banana:

AF15CGC85.jpg

Well, the long anticipated wait is over!!!! I have been waiting for this book for about a month or so. Sold all my pre-robin tecs to acquire this book + cash. I know some of you have guessed it right and others have wondered the reason why I sold my Pre-robin's. Well, the answer is right below this text!!!

The colors on this book are the best I've seen, basically news stand fresh! And, White Pages to boot :cloud9: I couldn't have been anymore happier with my decision. I'm glad I did what I did and have no regrets! A very special thanks to Sparkle City for working with me on acquiring this book. Without further adieu, I would like to personally induct this Amazing Fantasy #15 CGC 8.5 into my collection :banana::banana::banana:

AF15CGC85.jpg

:o O MY SWEEET BIGGUN'S ^^(worship)

AF15CGC85.jpg

Oh my God! That's pretty,and white pages too. (worship)

AF15CGC85.jpg

Oh my God! That's pretty,and white pages too. (worship)

Well it needed to be White Pages or I wouldn't have sold my books and it also needed to have perfect centering with no miswrap and no fading. Looks like I found the book I was looking for :cloud9: Still on Cloud 9. The colors are just off the press. The scan does not do this book justice I tell yeah! I could hardly breathe..