• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Getting a commission done

4 posts in this topic

I am definitely going to get a commission done of Spidey.

Would most people get a former penciller from the ASM book or from someone else that never worked on the book? Assuming both artists are equally talented BUT the price for the non-ASM penciller is cheaper.

Please give me your opinion!

I think the style of the artist(s) is more important when thinking of getting a commission. I have a Eric Canete Hulk commission, and a Risso Daredevil commission, and neither artists have drawn the characters in books that I'm aware of, but for me, their style worked for the character.

So if one of the artists you like draw Spidey and is affordable, I'd say go for it! But if another artist you like is available and you think they'd do a good Spidey, well, same thing again - go for it!

Best

Simon

ya, this goes back to personal preference, if you like the artist and like how he draws spidey, go for it.

An artist is often associated with a character and I do have a mental block if that artist does something else. E.g. I only like Ron Lim when he does Surfer and Mike Zeck when he does Punisher, if they draw anyone else, it would not excite me as much as when they draw the characters they are associated with. But if you don't have that problem, go for it!

Malvin

ya, this goes back to personal preference, if you like the artist and like how he draws spidey, go for it.

An artist is often associated with a character and I do have a mental block if that artist does something else. E.g. I only like Ron Lim when he does Surfer and Mike Zeck when he does Punisher, if they draw anyone else, it would not excite me as much as when they draw the characters they are associated with. But if you don't have that problem, go for it!

Malvin

I fall in this camp as well. I'd really like to get a piece of OA (personally commissioned by me or something I purchase afterwards) where the artist has some sort of lasting connection/association to the content.

Ultimately though, commissions aren't cheap so need to go after that which makes you happy! :)