• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mid-Ohio-Con

96 posts in this topic

There was a Blue Jackets hockey game last year during the con too (I think on Saturday night) which unfortunately made it impossible to find a restaurant within walking distance of the convention center that wasn't stuffed to capacity.

My wife and I finally gave up after walking for over an hour looking for a place that didn't have a horribly long waiting list, and went back and ate at our hotel's restaurant.

But maybe a preseason game won't be as bad. If you were interested in the hockey game there were lots of scalpers selling tickets on the street corners last year.

I got a call from James Henry today, following my message on his voice mail and email inquiries. He was not in his office and will return this weekend. By then, he'll be able to confirm my application. He did say that they will wait until mid August before cashing checks.

recieved an e-mail confirmation -- I`ll be booth #322 --yay !!! :banana: :banana:

now I just need to start to get things ready -- :banana: :banana:

the lower level has a bunch of fast food type places during the show. There's a chili's or something like that across the street, otherwise they roll up the sidewalks on the weekend..

I got my confirmation also in an email- booth #422. Looks like we both got corners, and I'm only one aisle away. I will have my booth loaded with inventory- about 45 long boxes.

I agree with pirate that there's not much regarding eating places downtown. Too bad we're not at the Hilton anymore, east of the downtown area. There's a steak place- Hickory House- that really hit the spot probably about 10-12 miles east of downtown- it's on Taylor road, across from Springhill Suites where I've stayed a lot

Who will be the witnesses? I have a ton of trooper books by Joe Kubert that I would love to get signed. A lot of them already signed by Russ Heath, a double sig book by Heath and Kubert would be heavenly!

I believe a certain swashbuckler might be available --

cheezboiger , cheezboiger , cheezboiger

What is that from?

I'll be at Mid-Ohio!

It's from an old Saturday Night Live skit about a restaurant run by immigrants that only sold cheeseburgers, chips, and Pepsi.

Cheezboiger, cheezboiger, cheezboiger!

No fries, chips!

No coke, Pepsi!

The skit was based on an actual establishment, the Billy Goat Tavern in Chicago.

And I'll be at Mid-Ohio too!

Hi Folks,

This will be Pop Culture Trading Pins first show and I can't wait.

To celebrate we have been working with the show promotors to provide not one but two show exclusives. One for the VIP package and one for the general attendees.

The VIP Trading Pin features the Black Terror in a thrown down with a Flame throwing Nazi. Inspiration came from Black Terror #10 and Matthew Kirscht provided the final artwork and design. This is going to be one sweet pin and pretty rare. Only a handful will be availble to sell after the show as 100 of the 130 pins are included in the VIP package. Black Terror and ammo boxes are the back pin and Nazi is front pin.

The second pin is the Kickoff to our Harvey Rocket series. This series of Trading Pins are convention exclusives featuring the convention logos incorporated into classic Harvey rocket/space covers. I love this one. The edition size has yet to be determined.

Both feature Pin on Pin element and custom back stamps with sequential numbering.

Let me know what you think. Artwork is below.

Again, Black Terror and ammo boxes are the back pin and Nazi is front pin.

bterrorBW2.jpg

MOCrocketpins5.jpg

Do you have any eggs? NO.....NO EGGS, just cheezboiger!!

Hahaha, what a "classic" SNL skit.....gotta love John Belushi (RIP)

I took my two sons last yr to MOC, They were 12 and 8 at the time....they were VERY reluctant to go, I almost had to drag them there. Told them to relax, it'll be fun....

Well, i can tell you they had a blast, they are actually excited to go this year. I'm from the Dayton area, so It's all they talked about on the way home. I told them last night that it was coming next month, they both did the hand pull back thingy and said "YES!" My older one got a bunch of pictures with the Star Wars characters and a few of the artists...the younger one got a few Sonic comics he was lookin at, but is still mad at me for making him pass up the #1 issue to Metal Gear solid ( I told him we would come back and get it on the way out, It was gone and he STILL rides me about it) lol.....

I found a few good deals, just have to dig around for em....looking forward to going this year....I have my "want" list ready. The vendors couldn't have been any nicer, was a very good experience and will have to bring my brother with me this time :D

It looks like to be a great show, Since they moved it from Thanksgiving day weekend to the beginning of October, there should be more of a crowd. Colleges are in session & the students are not going home for turkey. We are looking forward for this one.

Hi Folks,

This will be Pop Culture Trading Pins first show and I can't wait.

To celebrate we have been working with the show promotors to provide not one but two show exclusives. One for the VIP package and one for the general attendees.

The VIP Trading Pin features the Black Terror in a thrown down with a Flame throwing Nazi. Inspiration came from Black Terror #10 and Matthew Kirscht provided the final artwork and design. This is going to be one sweet pin and pretty rare. Only a handful will be availble to sell after the show as 100 of the 130 pins are included in the VIP package. Black Terror and ammo boxes are the back pin and Nazi is front pin.

The second pin is the Kickoff to our Harvey Rocket series. This series of Trading Pins are convention exclusives featuring the convention logos incorporated into classic Harvey rocket/space covers. I love this one. The edition size has yet to be determined.

Both feature Pin on Pin element and custom back stamps with sequential numbering.

Let me know what you think. Artwork is below.

Again, Black Terror and ammo boxes are the back pin and Nazi is front pin.

bterrorBW2.jpg

MOCrocketpins5.jpg

Is it possible to reserve one of those 30 Black Terror pins to be sold after the show? I collect flamethrower covers and would like one but can't make it to Mid-Ohio.