• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dusted off my sketchbook after about 20 years - Frazetta & Hellboy added

28 posts in this topic

Got bored this evening and decided to do a little sketching. Here's a quick sketch of the cover to WDCS 110 that I just did. I'm really rusty.

wdcs110sketch.jpg

Comments, laughing graemlins, and finger pointing are welcome.

Got bored this evening and decided to do a little sketching. Here's a quick sketch of the cover to WDCS 110 that I just did. I'm really rusty.

wdcs110sketch.jpg

I would not exactly call that rusty.

More please. :popcorn:

Thanks for the kind words guys. I may do some more today if I have time. I haven't sat down and tried to do anything serious since high school which was over 20 years ago, so I thought I'd try to ease into it with some quick sketches.

It's a long story, but due to some pressures and my circumstances at the time, drawing stopped being fun for me toward the end of high school. I had fun yesterday though, so I think I'll try and keep it going.

Again, thanks for the comments. I'll definitely post it if I do anything else today.

I was a bit hesitant to post this, but my wife said I should. It was too big for the scanner, so I used a digital camera.

My apologies to all the Frazetta fans here on the boards.

frazetta-sketch.jpg

Sure, I can post some stuff there too. (thumbs u

I'm trying to decide whether to post a Snatch 2 cover sketch I just did. My wife says it's offensive and I shouldn't post it. I don't know...

I think I'll move on to more wholesome cartoony stuff and maybe a few superheroes.

wdcs110sketch.jpg

Very nice. Made me pull out my copy of the book (thumbs u Here's for comparison -

62127-WDCS110.jpg.dc347e11bf99e625276bacb360dbe94e.jpg