• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,116 posts in this topic

I'm nobody's idea of a Frazetta, but this is the first time I've taken brush to canvas in close to a decade. Playing with mixing colors and ended up here after a couple hours... still needs a lot more work, but kinda proud of it so far.

fraz.jpg

looking good so far, need to get the moon outline out of the character in the foreground, a nice glow would look good too, keep us updated

I did this cover for a fake Anti-Venom one-shot called Urban Sprawl.

anti_venom__urban_sprawl_by_topherseal-d5b8i4i-1.jpg

Thats a cool idea. I don't really care for Venom but thats a cool idea

I'm nobody's idea of a Frazetta, but this is the first time I've taken brush to canvas in close to a decade. Playing with mixing colors and ended up here after a couple hours... still needs a lot more work, but kinda proud of it so far.

fraz.jpg

Very nice! I actually did a charcoal of that very same comic.353.jpg

This was an assignment in an art class. The assignment was to find a high contrast black-and-white photo and use the negative space of the image ("negative space" meaning, in this case, the white space) and use it to make other images. I decided to make images out of both the white and the black parts of the images.

132644.jpg.6412c4791231768da6b923d76dde437e.jpg

Something I was doodling around with. Probably copied some of the eyes from magazine photos. The smudges are from rubber cement on the back of the paper.

Eyes are the hardest things to master,would seem simple but...........

Here's some that I've done.

A friends son.

20075_1325846705288_1204518994_986216_4833827_n.jpg

My favorite that I drew a year ago,sepia toned in photoshop.All charcoal otherwise.

46171_1582815489347_1204518994_1656373_6614274_n.jpg

Doohickamabob you are there with your work,looking very good.

My father did this card for my 27th birthday. We're both big Tintin fans. Love the heck out of this thing..

tintin27.jpg

:cloud9::applause:

+1 thats great. Herge would be proud

Is it appropriate to show an original inking of an image taken from a penciled work I don't own (non-published commission)? I know I can't go around selling prints, I just like the practice.

I know I've seen other threads in other forums discussing this, but I'm not sure what the general feeling was where no $$$ is involved. Simply the love of creating.

I'm attempting to locate the owner, but thought I'd ask here as well. Thanks :)

so you printed someone's commission and inked it? i think as long as you state that then you aren't trying to pass it off as your own and it should be okay

Edited by Maccai3

Something I was doodling around with. Probably copied some of the eyes from magazine photos. The smudges are from rubber cement on the back of the paper.

A friends son.

My favorite that I drew a year ago,sepia toned in photoshop.All charcoal otherwise.

I've said it before but that Charlie Chaplin knocks my socks off. Great job on that :applause:

Is it appropriate to show an original inking of an image taken from a penciled work I don't own (non-published commission)? I know I can't go around selling prints, I just like the practice.

I know I've seen other threads in other forums discussing this, but I'm not sure what the general feeling was where no $$$ is involved. Simply the love of creating.

I'm attempting to locate the owner, but thought I'd ask here as well. Thanks :)

so you printed someone's commission and inked it? i think as long as you state that then you aren't trying to pass it off as your own and it should be okay

Nah, I'm a good boy.

If I ever make a print of it, it'll be as a gift for family or good friends, with 100% disclosure of what it is. The only thing original about the actual piece itself are the inks I did.

yeah i'm not saying sell it, but show us

A friends son.

I've said it before but that Charlie Chaplin knocks my socks off. Great job on that :applause:

Right!? I can't even begin to believe that its possible to make Photo-Realistic pieces like that, but I've seen it time and time again. Friggin' Crazy.

Props to your skill, I'm sure it took alot of hard work and dedication.

And to everyone else, thanks for sharing! What I love about art is ANYONE can do it.... Sure, people say that they suck at it, but I don't believe that one bit. You just have to do it. Things will come out if you let them, thats the beauty of letting go.

Nobody sucks, there's just people who don't try long enough.

fraz.jpg

Keep us posted as you progress. Looks good so far