• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,116 posts in this topic

A sunset at a local creek... Painted on an iPad 2, using Procreate and a Nomad Brush.

Been really enjoying dusting off the old drawing skills - and I owe a lot of inspiration to this thread. A long way to go before I get good, but I'm enjoying the journey! Thanks guys! :-)

dSvcLJO.jpg

Thats good work mate. :applause:

+1 with a question. Do you use a stylus to paint like that or your finger or what ? Maybe just the mouse (shrug)

Just picked up an Intuos 5 - still in experimental mode for both graphics and fine art. I'm switching back and forth with it and the mouse in Illustrator for logo work, and still trying to get used to it using Painter.

The hardest part for me - as an artist - is not actually looking at what I am drawing. I am making the motions with my hand/arm, but I can't directly see what I am doing. I have to look at the monitor to see what is going on. It's like drawing on a sheet of paper without looking at what you are doing. It's very weird - but I'm sure I'm just not used to it.

Any tablet-using Boardies have any advice or tips?

Just picked up an Intuos 5 - still in experimental mode for both graphics and fine art. I'm switching back and forth with it and the mouse in Illustrator for logo work, and still trying to get used to it using Painter.

The hardest part for me - as an artist - is not actually looking at what I am drawing. I am making the motions with my hand/arm, but I can't directly see what I am doing. I have to look at the monitor to see what is going on. It's like drawing on a sheet of paper without looking at what you are doing. It's very weird - but I'm sure I'm just not used to it.

i had the same trouble with not seeing what i'm drawing, the pen on screen ones are pretty decent but a tad pricey

i had the same trouble with not seeing what i'm drawing, the pen on screen ones are pretty decent but a tad pricey

You guys are way ahead of me. I'm still at the paper, pencil, eraser stage :shy:

I've tried with the wacom tablet and pen that a graphic design friend of mine has. Wasn't for me.

I like my ole number 2 and processed tree.

+1 :applause:

This week's doodles... my last ones for a while (my break is over now).

Sorry for the poor pictures (I really need to meet a local photographer for these).

2c5350b2-3c95-47f5-9bf7-d41f1b5ccd9b_zps6a241daf.jpg

8b5fc070-8102-47f5-85fc-5f5721e6d7ac_zps1cd56035.jpg

Has anyone here taken art classes?

I've been thinking about attending one to improve my drawing.

For those who have attended one, what type of course was it? Did it help you improve?

So far I have not had much luck as the local college art courses appear to include alot of things I really don't wish to know, i.e. history, fabrics, clay etc.

Has anyone here taken art classes?

I've been thinking about attending one to improve my drawing.

For those who have attended one, what type of course was it? Did it help you improve?

So far I have not had much luck as the local college art courses appear to include alot of things I really don't wish to know, i.e. history, fabrics, clay etc.

I have not taken any art classes myself. I have had some tips from artists, and watched a lot of youtube artists do demos and explain techniques... Have you given this a try yet?

I prefer this to classes - I really only care about tips for my problem areas; I do not want a history lesson, nor waste time on things that will not help me.

Thats good work mate. :applause:

+1 with a question. Do you use a stylus to paint like that or your finger or what ? Maybe just the mouse (shrug)

Thanks Bane! :-)

Señor, I used a nomad brush stylus (nomadbrush.com) - it seems silly but it's brilliant. Normal stylus with rubber tips drag in the screen. It doesn't feel natural to me. But the NB has no drag. Similarly, the procreate app has very little screen lag. Really good combo together!

My next one is about 90% done. Will post it soon. First attempt at a portrait.