• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,116 posts in this topic

I go to school for Games design, and have to do concepts all the time. I have drawn all my life , but don't ever stick with it long enough to really master it. One day I'll hopefully knuckle down and get serious in perfecting my drawing. Anyhow, here is a little sample of some of my art. I always have a problem with facial lopsidedness for some reason. There are some traditional pieces as well as digital, and vector art. I might post some of my 3d art if you want. I don't see anything in the thread banning anything other than comic art.

fzksS8eh.png

t3cCiLGh.jpg

FLEg266h.jpg

1BprNKRh.jpg

GeQxqadh.jpg

d1SsHVfh.jpg

uy79lVSh.jpg

Something a little bit different. I had to edit a map with photo shop for the third issue of SM. Believe it or not, I spent about 8 hours on this thing. The main trouble was "too much information" on the original map. I needed something cleaner but still featuring all the important landmarks, roads and rivers. Believe it or not, there are a whole bunch of folks out there who just love maps (like me) :cloud9:

One of the coolest things about Kamandi #1 was that it had a map !! Same with J.R.R. Tolkiens L.O.T.R.s books. I love maps and had to make sure there was one in my own book.

spike3mapforboards_zps228086a1.jpg

Something a little bit different. I had to edit a map with photo shop for the third issue of SM. Believe it or not, I spent about 8 hours on this thing. The main trouble was "too much information" on the original map. I needed something cleaner but still featuring all the important landmarks, roads and rivers. Believe it or not, there are a whole bunch of folks out there who just love maps (like me) :cloud9:

One of the coolest things about Kamandi #1 was that it had a map !! Same with J.R.R. Tolkiens L.O.T.R.s books. I love maps and had to make sure there was one in my own book.

I love knowing where things are in each creators "worlds". :golfclap: Good job.

I love knowing where things are in each creators "worlds". :golfclap: Good job.

thanks. me too :)

Edited by Senormac

I've been working on this one over the holiday.

20130704_170610_zps9776e2de.jpg

Also, I thought it worth mentioning the app CamScanner on Android phones. I read a thread in the comics general (see below) and found about a different type of app and though it would be good to use to take photos of my drawings.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6813335&Board=4&fpart=all&gonew=1#UNREAD

Here is the after photo of the piece from the exact photo above.

3fYyW3NE1MML2JBgKLB0RYC8_zpsb3924c3d.jpg

Definitely check this app out.

Those are really cool. I like how the colors blend. You don't see a lot of charcoal comic book art.

Yeah, I haven't messed with charcoal before this is my first attempt. May try some more on the grey tone paper.

Those are really cool. I like how the colors blend. You don't see a lot of charcoal comic book art.

Yeah, I haven't messed with charcoal before this is my first attempt. May try some more on the grey tone paper.

Charcoal is my preference. (thumbs u

Charcoal is my preference. (thumbs u

oakmanart_zps22bba47f.jpg

:applause: I guess !!!

While flipping through some comic boxes tonight, I came across Spawn #81 and decided to paint this cover. I took two pictures to show my progress. I spent around 30-40 mins so far.

I am using oil paint with some refined linseed oil on a 12x12 canvas.

What I did first was take my time with the outline with black, you can see that I made a little mistake up top with that line which I will need to cover with acrylic or let it dry first. But I am glad with the rest of the rough outline.

I used google image to pull up the cover and used that as my visual reference.

Next, I decided to block in some black and red.

I feel that 75% of the rough layout is complete. I should be able to start fine tuning it and do something with the background. However I am moving over the next 2 weeks so it will be on a hiatus for a bit.

Thank you for looking

paint1_zps79290c13.jpgpaint2_zpsacb53e39.jpg