• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,098 posts in this topic

This is my fake aged poster for the fake 1971 Comic Art Convention in New York. I decided on using a computer font because it looks just like the word balloons Marvel was using on the covers at the time. I hope it is convincing.

It is for my graphic novel, "The Tower of the Comic Book Freaks". I will be finished it in about two months.

Letterpress%20poster%20template.jpg

Hey Ron,

May I ask what font that is? I like it and would like to acquire it.

Hi, Artboy. The only one not on your computer is Great Lake NF. I got it for free off the internet. If you can't find it let me know. Also,the lettering-like-a-comic-book font is Joe Kubert which I purchased for, I think, $10.

About the Graphic Novel.

It is a 200 page story. With chapter breaks and additional single page stories it comes to 216. With an afterword, a preface, acknowledgements and all the other stuff I don't know how long it will be. It is contracted to Caliber. It will come out first as a series of on line comics then as a paper book. But I have to finish it. I have about 65 pages of inking to do then I will colour it chapter by chapter to expedite the internet publication. Here is another page.

Gary%203.jpg

A kind of "stream of consciousness" comic that I did in the late 80s for a zine - The Gloucester Fish that friends from College put together.

JGK_Treb01_zpsqzsv1cug.jpgJGK_Treb2_zpsmjhntmxj.jpg

Just wanted to say... I liked this again. It makes me smile

A kind of "stream of consciousness" comic that I did in the late 80s for a zine - The Gloucester Fish that friends from College put together.

I like it too. It is a world I had never seen.

About the Graphic Novel.

It is a 200 page story. With chapter breaks and additional single page stories it comes to 216. With an afterword, a preface, acknowledgements and all the other stuff I don't know how long it will be. It is contracted to Caliber. It will come out first as a series of on line comics then as a paper book. But I have to finish it. I have about 65 pages of inking to do then I will colour it chapter by chapter to expedite the internet publication. Here is another page.

Gary%203.jpg

Great stuff.

Hi, Artboy. The only one not on your computer is Great Lake NF. I got it for free off the internet. If you can't find it let me know. Also,the lettering-like-a-comic-book font is Joe Kubert which I purchased for, I think, $10.

Thanks. The Joe Kubert font is the one I am after, the one you used in the word balloons on your page.

Thanks Senormac & That Ron Dude. Glad that you like it! it was fun to do!

It's a world that I've been thinking of revisiting 27 years later! I'm still friends

with a bunch of the people that contributed to and put this Zine - The Gloucester

Fish together. One of them is Joe Shields who went on to become Joe Cartoon:

http://joecartoon.com

My team at work had to do paintings this week to hang up on our walls, so I did this. My first time painting (well, second time, did a watercolor in high school). I looked at Poplars at Saint-Remy and did a version one onebillionth as good.

I think it turned out ok though...or at least better than my coworkers glitter handprints. lol

unnamed_zpsni8znk6s.jpg

My team at work had to do paintings this week to hang up on our walls, so I did this. My first time painting (well, second time, did a watercolor in high school). I looked at Poplars at Saint-Remy and did a version one onebillionth as good.

I think it turned out ok though...or at least better than my coworkers glitter handprints. lol

unnamed_zpsni8znk6s.jpg

I assume you copied Van Gogh. When I looked at it I said, "Looks like a Van Gogh".

unnamed_zpsni8znk6s.jpg

I assume you copied Van Gogh. When I looked at it I said, "Looks like a Van Gogh".

Yeah, I looked at Poplars at Saint-Remy, like I mentioned.