• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,117 posts in this topic

That's fantastic!

I hope you get a link set up on your studio website and capitalize on some of this media attention.

As much as I didn't want to - I'll be posting an "Artwork Seen On The Following" in my descriptions. :sick:

That's fantastic!

I hope you get a link set up on your studio website and capitalize on some of this media attention.

As much as I didn't want to - I'll be posting an "Artwork Seen On The Following" in my descriptions. :sick:

Oh man, don't even feel bad about self-promotion. It comes with the territory. I'd venture to say it's not only expected, it's mandatory.

Strike while the iron is hot!

That's fantastic!

Thats great stuff to hear! :applause:

Awhile back, the production company doing the new Fox series The Following with Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy contacted me about using a print of my Edgar Allan Poe portrait on the set of the show (the killer is an artist obsessed with the works of Edgar Allan Poe):

6164257746_704403e36e.jpg

As we were watching X-Factor the other night, a commercial for the show came on, and lo-and-behold, there's my piece - sitting on the killer's fireplace mantle!

8138451479_a7f83b77c7_c.jpg

I was pretty stoked - especially since I was worried it would just be lost in the background of the set, but it wound up being front and center! :headbang:

It got a couple seconds exposure on the commercial, so I will be interested in seeing how they approach the mantle in the actual show.

When do you get paid?

Awhile back, the production company doing the new Fox series The Following with Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy contacted me about using a print of my Edgar Allan Poe portrait on the set of the show (the killer is an artist obsessed with the works of Edgar Allan Poe):

As we were watching X-Factor the other night, a commercial for the show came on, and lo-and-behold, there's my piece - sitting on the killer's fireplace mantle!

I was pretty stoked - especially since I was worried it would just be lost in the background of the set, but it wound up being front and center! :headbang:

It got a couple seconds exposure on the commercial, so I will be interested in seeing how they approach the mantle in the actual show.

When do you get paid?

Already did, they paid for the rights to use it on-screen beforehand.

When do you get paid?

Nice! Do you get residuals too,every time it's shown on T.V.?

When do you get paid?

Thats very cool balls :applause:

Ya. I had a hard time believing that top one was NOT a photo, its just that good....... but what is the point ? I wonder if he is looking at a photo to do his work :grin:

I'm curious about that too.

On one level, other artists may view him as nothing more than a human dot matrix printer, but his work is still amazing.

I can't see how he could make any $$ at this. The amount of time it would take him to do one, would kill the buyers pocketbook and no magazine editor would shell out for a front cover from him instead of a photo. Unless maybe they were doing a feature on the artist. No doubt he is getting noticed and will probably be working for Disney before long (thumbs u

If he makes a name for himself he'll only have to do about one a year. This is a realistic price for this piece

http://www.limageriegallery.com/Mark_Ryden_Little_Boy_With_Skull_Original_Painting_p/rydenm114.htm

And then factor in the sales of prints matching that total. Six figures, one piece of art.

$50,000 for the little boy with the skeleton bones :o

Thing is.... that guy has a name for himself

Do you realize what this means?!? You're a degree now in 'Six degree's of Kevin Bacon'!

Do you realize what this means?!? You're a degree now in 'Six degree's of Kevin Bacon'!

Oh! Em! Gee!

Haha- I guess so. Thats pretty cool!

When do you get paid?

Nice! Do you get residuals too,every time it's shown on T.V.?

No, I'm pretty far down the ladder for that. I think if my work was shown frequently on a week-to-week basis, they would have paid me more for use. But as far as royalites or residuals, I don't think they want to bother with those on a product in the set design - I think they just go for a flat fee to release the rights for them to use it.

Same thing goes for my illustrations that appear in books. I sign the release for the publisher, and whether it goes to Amazon, B&N or sits in a warehouse, I get paid the same amount.