• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pacific Comics

31 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the PC titles were hoarded back in the day? Was there hype that placed these in a lot of collections, or is there a chance of collectability or scarcity?

I don't think they were hoarded......but they were quite popular and many were bought, especially first issues.

I don't see any real future market for them....they are plentiful in grade and demand is slight being they are not Marvel or DC.

Does anyone know if the PC titles were hoarded back in the day? Was there hype that placed these in a lot of collections, or is there a chance of collectability or scarcity?

I don't think they were hoarded......but they were quite popular and many were bought, especially first issues.

I don't see any real future market for them....they are plentiful in grade and demand is slight being they are not Marvel or DC.

You just torpedoed my All Pacific Comics #1 VCC Booth. :sorry:

:baiting:

You just torpedoed my All Pacific Comics #1 VCC Booth. :sorry:

:baiting:

Ooops....

Oh, we're talking about Pacific Comics?? I thought we were talking about NOW comics.

Pacific comics are a freakin goldmine!!! Scarcer than titties on a naval vessel. Buy them, buy them all now, pay double, pay triple, walk barefoot through the desert for them, stand naked, stoned, and stabbed, sleep with Hillary Clinton, I'd call that a bargain, the best I ever had!! BUY THEM ALL!!!!

Much of the stuff in those books were ripped right out of Warren magazines.

Good for people who don't have or want to start collecting those.

What I didn't care for about the Wrightson stuff was the addition of color.

Gag! No matter how well done his work looks way better in black and white!!

Web of Horror, too. I kinda like the coloring as a change of pace, but I agree his work demands the b&w format for best results.

Twisted Tales and Alein Worlds changed my life! I was 14 when they came out, and they led me to EC (if you can believe that)!

I can totally believe that!

As Precode Keith praised above, these books were a breath of fresh air. Oh where, oh where is a good horror anthology series these days? :(

Twisted Tales and Alein Worlds changed my life! I was 14 when they came out, and they led me to EC (if you can believe that)! I had never seen anthology horror and Sci Fi books before PC. I love them.

I totally agree. Being born in 1967, they were the closest thing that I have to EC Comics.