• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I call this my "Wolverton Weird Tales of the Future Hat Trick"

62 posts in this topic

Let me just say that I have wanted these books for....oh...about the past twenty years. Could not believe when two of them fell into my lap within a month of each other. If I never bought another comic, I would be happy with these three for the rest of my comic loving days.

This one contains two Wolverton stories and the cover of course.

Here is the first of them.

All of the scuffs that you see are on the slab. This one is going in for a re-holder in the next couple of weeks as the slab is damaging the eye appeal of the book. The top edge is the type of indented edge you might find on some of the 1968-69 Marvels. There are not any tears or pieces missing from the top edge. Awesome page quality too. It contains possibly my favorite Wolverton story, "The Man From the Moon"

Being the White Mountain copy doesn't hurt it either. :shy:

WTOF5.1.jpg

WTOF5.2.jpg

Here is the story.

Wolvertonpage1.jpg

JZVQA-Wolvertonpage2.jpg

Wolvertonpage3.jpg

Wolvertonpage4.jpg

Last, and certainly not least, the colors on this copy are insane. I never thought I would own a copy this nice with pages of such quality. I am truly shocked. One of the all time best horror covers in my opinion. I love this book.

It contains three Wolverton stories along with the cover.

WTOF3.1.jpg

WTOF3.2.jpg

Here is one of the stories.

Wolverton3page1.jpg

Wolverton3page2.jpg

Wolverton3page3.jpg

Wolverton3page4.jpg

There's nothing like completing a long-sought after set, especially when they're Wolvertons!!! (worship)

I like #2, but it is possibly my least favorite of them all, if that is possible for me as I love Wolverton. I had a chance on a 4.5 copy last year but passed in the hopes of finding a tighter copy. That one will come along one of these years.

:wishluck: