• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another reason to consider cameos true first appearances?

120 posts in this topic

Hmmm...Yeah...

And here's a photo for you...

Flesh covering fat, blood vessels, some undermuscle, the bit of stray hair unless shaved, veins exposed, some stretch marks. It's not like they have a real personality, intelligence, wit, humor, insight or even self-awareness. They are just boobs. Easy to get anywhere. What's the point?

Hmmm...Yeah...

And here's a photo for you...

Flesh covering fat, blood vessels, some undermuscle, the bit of stray hair unless shaved, veins exposed, some stretch marks. I mean, what's the point? It's not like they have a real personality, intelligence, wit, humor, insight or even self-awareness. They are just boobs. Easy to get anywhere. What's the point?

Hey! is spooned but not boobs? Sweet!

What difference does "brief" make? Appearing is "appearing," whether it's for one panel or 100.

I know it's hard for you CGC illiterates to understand, but people used to actually READ comics, and because they wanted to READ as much as possible about Wolverine, preferred Hulk 181 because it actually had a full story about Wolverine, rather than just a single panel.

That's why Overstreet lists it as "brief", because comics weren't always entombed in plastic. doh!

What difference does "brief" make? Appearing is "appearing," whether it's for one panel or 100.

I know it's hard for you CGC illiterates to understand, but people used to actually READ comics, and because they wanted to READ as much as possible about Wolverine, preferred Hulk 181 because it actually had a full story about Wolverine, rather than just a single panel.

That's why Overstreet lists it as "brief", because comics weren't always entombed in plastic. doh!

Somewhere the Fanboy Nerd King is reading JC's posts and thinking,"Quod sum eris."

Somewhere the Fanboy Nerd King is reading JC's posts and thinking,"Quod sum eris."

"I am what you will be," a motto for a gravestone. hm

I've been meaning to ask you, POV, WHAT THE IS YOUR AVATAR?

Do I have this to look forward to when I get old? Using random household objects as my avatar?

I suggest you use something with boobs. hm

Yo Dice!!!!! You old ink-blooded bastich!

The avatar is a musical instrument I am just beginning to learn. Rudra Vin (or bin or veena or vina - many dialects). I worked over a year with the maker to come up with the design and specs. It was delivered to me end of last year but some of the specs needed alterations. So it will be going back in August and I will be joining it to address the details with the maker.

If you are at all familair with sitar (I started studying sitar in 1973) this is the parent of it.

Here is a link to some photos.

http://picasaweb.google.com/michjon/Finished

We learn something every day. Rudra Vin? Never seen or heard one before, but as long as it can play the opening riff to Hotel California than I am all for it, otherwise....keep altering...

:grin:

Do I have this to look forward to when I get old? Using random household objects as my avatar?

The avatar is a musical instrument I am just beginning to learn. Rudra Vin (or bin or veena or vina - many dialects). I worked over a year with the maker to come up with the design and specs. It was delivered to me end of last year but some of the specs needed alterations. So it will be going back in August and I will be joining it to address the details with the maker.

If you are at all familair with sitar (I started studying sitar in 1973) this is the parent of it.

We learn something every day. Rudra Vin? Never seen or heard one before, but as long as it can play the opening riff to Hotel California than I am all for it, otherwise....keep altering...

The opening riff to Hotel California would be like gumming water, quite seriously. I mean, it is all plucking. This instrument can slide a full octave on one fret.

And as regards to "keep altering" - altering what? Share your expertise about altering musical instruments! "Yah!" - to quote Hannibal.

If ads don't count as first apps., is a multi-page preview an ad?

Perhaps. Especially if it is given away.

But what about a first app. that occurs in a comic given out on "Free Comic Book Day"?

I kinda wondered about the ads too. I don't consider Gobbledygook to be the first TMNT, if that were the case we'd all be after Action Comics #12 with the one panel ad for Batman instead of Detective Comics #27.

ad_from_action12.jpg

(shrug)

I'm still kind of torn on the previews. In a lot of cases, it is a story but it's likely the same pages that will be in the first issue (or appearance or whatever). For my money as long as the preview is original material, it's the first appearance. If it's just the first five pages of the book to come later, then no deal.

The opening riff to Hotel California would be like gumming water, quite seriously. I mean, it is all plucking. This instrument can slide a full octave on one fret.

And as regards to "keep altering" - altering what? Share your expertise about altering musical instruments! Yah!

:tonofbricks:

Ehh ,I'm not commenting on complexity of the music, just on musical tastes. So I take that as a yes on the playing of Hotel California. Great! Now back to the funny books... :whistle:

It's not like they have a real personality, intelligence, wit, humor, insight or even self-awareness.

We just wants to play with 'em...not discuss world politics with 'em???... :screwy:

And as regards to "keep altering" - altering what? Share your expertise about altering musical instruments! Yah!

:tonofbricks:

Ehh ,I'm not commenting on complexity of the music, just on musical tastes. So I take that as a yes on the playing of Hotel California. Great! Now back to the funny books... :whistle:

That is a yes - theoretically. I would never play such on it though.

So indeed - back to funny books!

It's not like they have a real personality, intelligence, wit, humor, insight or even self-awareness.

We just wants to play with 'em...not discuss world politics with 'em???... :screwy:

What are you - 15? Jeeze. They're freaking tits. Get over it! :hi:

What are you - 15? Jeeze. They're freaking tits. Get over it! :hi:

Testy tonight eh... lol