• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another reason to consider cameos true first appearances?

120 posts in this topic

Where did it say that it was a cameo? (shrug)

It's not a cameo. It's a cover appearance. That book is awesome! Where this belongs in the Hellboy mythos is of considerable debate. There are also some Salt Lake City convention programs that have early Hellboy "prototype" drawings in them as well. Those are also awesome. Personally, I look at the Dime Press book and the convention booklets as prototypes and SDCCC #2 as true 1st appearance and NM #21 as 1st mainstream appearance. But that is just me and it doesn't make the Dime Press book any less cool.

--S.

Quoted from another seller about the itialian fanzine, taken from MIke Mignolia.

"The Dime Press, if it's the Italian Fanzine that I'm thinking of, is the first drawing of the Hellboy that more or less exists today (stone hand, etc)... The '91 drawing is the first time I used the name Hellboy, but hadn't yet thought of creating an actual series about the character...the character from '91 bears little resemblance to the modern version of Hellboy. Mike."

http://cgi.ebay.com/9.2-DIME-PRESS-%234-FIRST-HELLBOY-MIGNOLA-PRE-NEXT-MEN-21_W0QQitemZ160260489711QQcmdZViewItem?IMSfp=TL0807141258r7941

Any 1 or 2 panel appearance SHOULD BE CONSIDERED a 1st appearance regardless of the context. If a character appears in the last panel that is the official true 1st appearance whether any one agrees with it or not.

(thumbs u

Any 1 or 2 panel appearance SHOULD BE CONSIDERED a 1st appearance regardless of the context. If a character appears in the last panel that is the official true 1st appearance whether any one agrees with it or not.

(thumbs u

Roy has spoken. Please close this thread. Thank you, Roy.

(thumbs u

This would be different than Sean's posts. These are known as trolling: highly humorous but often unintelligent.

:P

Seriously...how is a 2nd appearance considered a 1st appearance?

R.

(thumbs u

I agree. Motion made, motion seconded and motion carried. :sumo:

(thumbs u

Start investing in those Hulk #180's, the 181's price will therefore drop considerably??? (Now to track down who stole my Hulk #180.)

lollol Obviously the market does NOT agree with you, but what do those millions of people know anyway?

I can't help but feel that everyone looking to artificially raise "cameo/brief first appearances" has a few boxfuls of Hulk 181, New Mutants 86, Avengers 195, Iron Fist 13, etc. just waiting to bust out on the market. :insane:

lollol Obviously the market does NOT agree with you, but what do those millions of people know anyway?

Vince just because the masses do not agree does not make me wrong.

(shrug)

(thumbs u

You two, get a room. Dime Press is an interesting example because it is nothing more than a cover drawing, no story no nothing, at least that is my understanding. It would be similar to saying that the Goon head on Avatar Illustrated is the 1st app of the Goon. It is cool and all, but I don't think so. I don't think Dime Press is the first app. of Hellboy either. He doesn't do anything, there is no story and no exposition. Obviously, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Something that Mr. Delic needs to remember. Double :P

Vince just because the masses do not agree does not make me wrong.(shrug)

Nope, when you're talking comic valuations/most important "first" appearance, it most certainly does.

Dude, what the market dictates and what is actually considered true are two different things.

The market dictates that certain stocks are valueable when in effect it is just a myth and untrue.

:sumo:

(thumbs u

You two, get a room. Dime Press is an interesting example because it is nothing more than a cover drawing, no story no nothing, at least that is my understanding. It would be similar to saying that the Goon head on Avatar Illustrated is the 1st app of the Goon. It is cool and all, but I don't think so. I don't think Dime Press is the first app. of Hellboy either. He doesn't do anything, there is no story and no exposition. Obviously, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Something that Mr. Delic needs to remember. Double :P

It doesn't take much to stir up the fanboy nest. lol