• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another reason to consider cameos true first appearances?

120 posts in this topic

It's not like they have a real personality, intelligence, wit, humor, insight or even self-awareness.

We just wants to play with 'em...not discuss world politics with 'em???... :screwy:

What are you - 15? Jeeze. They're freaking tits. Get over it! :hi:

Testy tonight eh... lol

Actually - a bit bored waiting for the Rocky Chicken. So how you doing, tit-boy? (sorry - could not resist - love the fact that tit is not spooned but or is). :grin:

It's not like they have a real personality, intelligence, wit, humor, insight or even self-awareness.

We just wants to play with 'em...not discuss world politics with 'em???... :screwy:

What are you - 15? Jeeze. They're freaking tits. Get over it! :hi:

Testy tonight eh... lol

Actually - a bit bored waiting for the Rocky Chicken. So how you doing, tit-boy? (sorry - could not resist - love the fact that tit is not spooned but or is). :grin:

Maybe Pontoon should change his name to Tit Pontoon ... hm

Hmmm...Yeah...

And here's a photo for you...

So mister X - may I call you Dice?

Allow me to quote from your sig line:

"There are many people that just don't have any RESPECT for anyone else, anything they don't understand, anything they can't be a part of,

So you know what? Either respect my music or, if you don't understand it, refrain from insulting comments! rantrant

Oh yeah - :hi: but the sentiment is real. :)

Oh - and to address this specific issue: I have no problem with considering any published first appearance of a comic book character, even one panel, as a first appearance. I agree with the "cameo" naysayers: a cameo should require an established character.

But to simply glom onto "first" if it is one or a couple of panels as being more important than the first fleshed out appearance? Well that really IS up to the market to decide. As in my previous post, I feel the academian would have the most interest in a brief first appearance.

However, I feel that even in the example of Hulk 180, that one panel was a true first appearance. But, considering the Wolverine content, I say it "So what?". If that were the ONLY appearance of Wolverine he would be less than a speck on a large sheet of flypaper. And I think this is where we should be attending. How important was that appearance?

BTW, before getting sidetracked by the music rant where we seeming do not have similar taste, I did agree with your earlier post on the subject of this thread. Well said as the market does determine importance of a 'first' appearance whether brief, first or whatever.

Hmmm...Yeah...

"There are many people that just don't have any RESPECT for anyone else, anything they don't understand, anything they can't be a part of,

So you know what? Either respect my music or, if you don't understand it, refrain from insulting comments! rantrant

I'm not insulting your music. I was insulting your age.

And I made a peace offering of tits, which you quickly rebuffed. :eek:

Just add that to the reasons I don't want to get old. When I stop enjoying tits, grab a shovel and start digging me a hole. :cry:

Hmmm...Yeah...

I'm not insulting your music. I was insulting your age.

And I made a peace offering of tits, which you quickly rebuffed. :eek:

Just add that to the reasons I don't want to get old. When I stop enjoying tits, grab a shovel and start digging me a hole. :cry:

At my age do you have any ideas how many - well - you get the idea. And I still enjoy the flesh covered mounds of veined fat. But this music is my life now. (Hope that was not TOO dramatic).

So I guess I do not understand what you are saying. How did my age come into this at all? You asked about my avatar, which is the instrument I hope to study for the remainder of my days. I told you what it was and linked you to it. You gave me tits in reply. How is that insulting my age?

Friggin' pressmen! I have had ENOUGH of them!

"Bring up the cyan here. Bring down the magenta here. Tighten up the registration here." Dang!

What difference does "brief" make? Appearing is "appearing," whether it's for one panel or 100.

I know it's hard for you CGC illiterates to understand, but people used to actually READ comics, and because they wanted to READ as much as possible about Wolverine, preferred Hulk 181 because it actually had a full story about Wolverine, rather than just a single panel.

That's why Overstreet lists it as "brief", because comics weren't always entombed in plastic. doh!

Disagreement is met with insult.

Textbook JC... :cloud9:

BTW... I've read almost all of my 7k+ comics. And that doesn't change the fact that a one panel appearance is still a "first" appearance. :grin:

And that doesn't change the fact that a one panel appearance is still a "first" appearance. :grin:

Was my oh-so-obvious point not clear? (shrug)

It is a BRIEF first appearance (single panel, last page), and needs to be noted like that because some people actually (gasp) READ their comics, and may actually want to READ a story about Wolverine, not a single panel.

That's the reason for the "brief" qualifier, and it's pretty freaking basic.

And that doesn't change the fact that a one panel appearance is still a "first" appearance. :grin:

It is a BRIEF first appearance (single panel, last page), and needs to be noted like that because some people actually (gasp) READ their comics, and may actually want to READ a story about Wolverine, not a single panel.

What is basic chat forum 101 is that you will never admit when you are wrong.

Brief or not it is still a first appearance.

You can't briefly lose your virginity or briefly cheat on someone. It is or it isn't. Period. No pun intended.

You can't briefly lose your virginity or briefly cheat on someone.

I'll bet a bunch of these comic nerds can. :baiting:

Brief or not it is still a first appearance.

You can't briefly lose your virginity or briefly cheat on someone. It is or it isn't. Period. No pun intended.

He would argue with a sign post and take the wrong road home. :blahblah:

No. Please reiterate in detail.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

lol - so you're saying me, Overstreet, CGC, and virtually any comic-based publication is WRONG? And you're somehow right?

Sorry, but I'll sit over here with OS and CGC thank you very much. lol

Each and every organization , hobby etc. occasionally comes up with their own definitions of terms that become acceptable to classify/describe things . These are not always "exactly" what the common , accepted definitions are ........common sense feller's !...... :whistle:

lol - so you're saying me, Overstreet, CGC, and virtually any comic-based publication is WRONG? And you're somehow right?

If he appeared in Hulk #180 then I really don't need to ask anyone else what they think.

(thumbs u

You speak as your conscience dictates and I will speak acc. to mine.

If he appeared in Hulk #180 then I really don't need to ask anyone else what they think.

(thumbs u

You speak as your conscience dictates and I will speak acc. to mine.

Say it again, brother!